Asian Cult Cinema Extreme Horror Box Set

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Horror Junkie, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Hey. I got one of these crazy Asian Cult Cinema Extreme Horror Box Sets by Synapse a few years ago, and two of the films were amazing and the other two were pretty z-grade softcore/gorefilm TRASH.

Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Asian-Cult-Ci...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1248393836&sr=1-1

And I really really got into the nasty, gritty, feel of organ. It starts off a little confusing, but it evens out and becomes a really disturbing film, which i liked. Anyoe else around here have this box set???

Evil Dead trap was highly enjoyable aswell as Organ, and then i got to Entrails of a Virgin and Entrails of a Beautiful Woman and I was pretty much like.....SIGH. Why this set is so uneven is beyond me but at least their rare :-D.

2. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I don't have the set, but have seen Organ and Evil Dead Trap.

I didn't like Organ much - the tone was just too depressing. Evil Dead Trap was a lot of fun though - the first time I saw it I really got freaked out (in a good-scared way) - particularly for the eyeball scene at the beginning.

I don't remember if I've seen the Entrails movies - if I did I must not have thought much of them, if I didn't I don't have a driving desire to anyway...

3. meddle

meddle Member

So how bad are Entrails of a Virgin and Entrails of a Beautiful Woman? These are two films in that set that I am most interested in?

4. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

They're pretty damn bad, but for me at least, in an entertaining "My God! That is BAD!" sorta way :p

5. meddle

meddle Member

That is what I like to here! :D Adding them to my want list. :)

6. The entrails films are soooo bad their entertaining in a way.... but not like so good their amazing. The second film has about a 60 minute run-time and its pure brutal violence and sex scenes, the first film isn't as much my cup of tea...it was slowly paced and the payoff's weren't as good as i imagined.

They often will prepare you for a gore scene and then at the last minute do something crazy to imply whats going on, like some1 falls off a roof and in the next frame you see a watermelon falling and bursting on the sidewalk!

Entrails 2 is amazing for the fact you see a monster composed of bodies kill the men responsable, using its sex organs. AKA a penis with fangs, eyes, and spikes around it's crown all the way to a oversized clam like female snatch that can suffocate people and eat heads.

All in all their decently entertaining, but i perfer the darker tones of Evil Dead trap and Organ.

7. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Organ sounds interesting....