At Last!!Lizard In A Woman's Skin being released Feb.8 2005!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hey hey, I enjoyed CONQUEST too, but that doesn't make it a good movie. ;)

You're right though, out of his currently available catalog on DVD, LIZARD is closest to DUCKLING. I just didn't want people thinking that if they loved DUCKLING they'd love this, or vice versa. If we want to be picky, I think it's closer to MURDER TO THE TUNE OF THE SEVEN BLACK NOTES than anything else I've seen by the man, but that's just digging an even deeper hole.

On the plus side, SS seems to have been releasing things on-time lately, so hopefully this date is final. We can only hope.

2. meddle

meddle Member

It looks like the tentative release date for Lizard in a Women's Skin is February 22nd, 2005. Here is a run down of the specs for the DVD:

Schizoid: U.S. version
    Features a 1.85:1 anamorphic transfer and a new 5.1 mix, restored original mono English language

Lizard in a Women's Skin: Uncut version
    Features a 1.33:1 transfer from an Italian home video Beta master and it is in original mono Italian with English subtitles

Extras include mini "Schizoid" press kit, Fulci trailer gallery, photo gallery, Original trailer in full frame and the main extra is a documentary “Shedding the Skin" that features interviews with Florinda Bolkan, Jean Sorel, FXers Carlo Rambaldi and Franco di Girolamo

3. Franco

Franco Weekender

Is 1.33:1 the original aspect ratio for Lizard In A Woman's Skin ?
    Is it a telehorror or what ???

Franco

4. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Looks Great!! About Damn Time!

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Great!I'm buying!​
    And the special features look promising too!​
    Specs according to Laser's Edge:

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

What the fuck? We get the uncut version in a video-sourced 1.33 transfer? Talk about a crock of shit. The uncut bootleg I saw was poor quality to be sure, but even it was in widescreen. And no, I'm not worried about losing picture information, I'm worried about the framing.

I wonder how those who think this should be 2.35 will react...

7. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

Fullscreen? Maybe it's open-matte?

Anyway, DUCKLING is a superb film, maybe Fulci's best. THE BEYOND or ZOMBIE might be more entertaining, but DUCKLING is his best movie by far. I haven't seen LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN but I've been interested in this film for the longest time/

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I've been listening to the soundtrack for this movie for ages now. I can't wait for, personally. After all the debate on the OAR, I just want this one on the market. The alternative, as has been proven, is to not be able to see it at all.

9. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

1.33:1 for the Uncut Version? What a joke, if that is indeed the correct specs provided by Shriek Show. Can't say I'm surprised though, they can't even spell their own name correctly on their own website "Shreik Show", what a joke.

Can one company really be that inept? Seems like high quality extras though, thanks to Mike Baronas and Kit Gavin, a shame the rest of the outfit is third rate a majority of the time. Guess that is why those 2 individuals are no longer associated with SS.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Always with the spelling goofs and shotty info, I still like many of SS's DVDs. I hope this release can be at least as good as their Zombi 2 release.

11. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Thrash, I agree, some of their releases have been stellar, most recently with Man From Deep River, very high quality. It is unfortunate their quality control is so hit or miss.

I have every right as a consumer to demand the highest quality product, and when it comes to A Lizard In A Woman's Skin, I get very upset when I see shoddy work pawned off by companies. This is one of, if not the best, Fulci films and I'd like to have a definitive DVD the first time around. This release has been worked on for over 3 and a half years, it should be a flawless, correct AR release. Anything else is a cop out on the part of Shriek Show.

12. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

SS has had a long enough time to come up with a high quality release (much like the Zombi 2 release where they kept pushing back the release date). I can only hope that this release will be of equal or better quality.

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

What makes you all think this is not the best they could find? You got a better copy in your basements? I seriously can't imagine they'd deliberately put out a poor release.

14. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

What kind of idiotic comment is that? "You got a better copy in your basements?" I won't even justify that with a response. What does a response like that on your behalf really prove?

We all know you love Shriek Show, so you take it all to heart when one questions errors and mistakes they have made in the past. For the record, I'm saying their ineptness and lack of film knowledge would lead them to release less than desired materials, not a deliberate nature on their part.

15. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I'll be picking it up but it's too bad about the OAR.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Sure all companies make mistakes like typo errors and misframing from time to time. But it seems that SS falls into these kinds of pits more often. If they could just maintain releasing good quality DVDs and stay away from shooting themselves in the foot with stupid typo errors or incorrect picture framing they would gain more respect from those who once doubted them. They could start by fixing all the typos on their website for starters.

17. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I thnik Shrek Shoh spiells reel good. I cant weight four there dvd of Lizzird in a Woomans Skine. I ugree wif dwattts, shreek shoh rockes. Whut dus sum1 hav a dikshunary in there basemint that can spiell beter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  18. bachmann

bachmann Member

Dvdpacific has it for preorder now $19.04. Its listed as being Widescreen 1.85:1 Color but i wouldnt bet on it.

19. Andrew

Andrew Guest

As said, the cut version is in Widescreen. Hooray.

And yes, apparently there is a better print out there. From Mobius:
    Like I said, even the bootleg I saw was more-or-less correctly framed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  20. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Damn, how incredibly pathetic. Can't say I'm surprised though. A film of this calibre deserves better, and after hearing this, its a shame AB couldn't get it to release along with One on Top of the Other. Makes me worry even more about the upcoming Just Before Dawn disc as well. After a few steps in the right direction, I hoped SS was getting better, but then they pull this with one of Fulci's greatest works. Disappointing as hell.