At Last!!Lizard In A Woman's Skin being released Feb.8 2005!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Oct 28, 2004.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- If an uncut bootleg exists that is in Widescreen then there's obviously a print out there in Widescreen.--

I'm sorry, but have you seen it? I'd like to imagine it's true, but I"m not going to believe a bootlegger on Ebay over someone who's done the research.

All I'm looking for is proof here. SS say they have proof, since they did the research, what else you all got? Rumor and Ebay auctions.......

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yes, I have seen and have a copy of the uncut bootleg that is in Widescreen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

At last!!! Is it 2.35:1 or 1.85:1?

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It's around 1.85 but it could be cropped from 2.35. The framing looks fairly good but there are times when certain things are off. But again, this is a bootleg, so I wasn't carefully watching for perfection. I'm not making any claims whether this should be 1.85 or 2.35 though, because I honestly don't know. However, it is almost definitely not meant to be 1.33.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

In your face, John Sirabella. ;)

6. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

hang on here X-Human, I thought BOTH BU and SS used the camera negatives of ZOMBIE, I believe the reps. for both companies said in press statements they are using the EXACT SAME camera negatives that was provided by the Italians! As for BU getting ZOMBIE legally, I was not the lawyer in this case, but from what I gather from old post at morbius, they BOTH had legal claims, SS had from a Italian producer/distributor, and BU from a old old U.S contract. Note the camera negatives BOTH used was FROM the Italian producers. Hmmm....

Andrew, just look at your avitar, what did you expect John to say??

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--However, it is almost definitely not meant to be 1.33.-

Oh, I don't think anyone was claiming it was supposed to be 1.33. So what's the running time on your copy?

8. blaster

blaster Guest

Listen Up...In Your Face...

The guy making the claim of Zombi 2 does not have a clue as BU did the transfer and we used their transfer for the DVD. It is exact from the same source and same place. As far as rights you really do not know what you are talking about and the whole situation. The only difference is the progressive scan which we have now been correcting and Lizard is Progressive Scan as most of our latest discs. We also have the same languages, Italian and English, have you seen both discs? There are differences in the extras.

Next as far as Lizard in a Woman's Skin lets talk about uncut...

1) The film was licensed from a company who we later found out was questionable at best. We than had to go and deal with legal issues and she only had a TV video master of the US Cut of the film.

2) We than were able to get a video master of it in Italian with all the CUT footage. But much better looking than this US TV master.

3) We said this was not going to work. (2 years of work) Than we get a phone call from MGM saying no we own the rights to this film. MGM asked us to stop. We than negotiated with MGM, licensed it and got a CRI in only the Schizoid cut. Also one reel was damaged.

4) As far as Kit goes and his claim, he never came up with any source materials for us. We asked him to look and came up with nothing. We even checked with the only company that could possibly have better materials which is Studio Canal but they came up with nothing for us. If somehow in the future they come up with something, that is our only hope but was going nowhere.

Why don't you think this film has been released anywhere in the world on dvd? A films this good from Fulci would just get forgotten? It is because of all these reasons.

So other than some VHS sent to our office, we had these elements. I am not going to release a VHS of the film widescreen or not. So we started work on the CRI and it is like looking at the movie for the first time. Next we cleaned up the Italian master more. So we felt the best under the circumstances was two versions on the same disc. The Italian master has all the footage missing from the US Cut and you get two languages.

This guy who has a widescreen whatever, I would love to see the quality of the transfer. Willing to put mine up to his anytime ...

What gets to me is not the questions but the meaness and the attacks. I got a guy using my picture as his avitar and wondering why I am upset. It is amazes me the board lets this happen and thinks it is ok. He owns 30 of my discs and does this??? No other companies like Synapse or BU gets treated like this and if they did one email from them and the thread would be shut down. It is this attitude that makes me not care what you guys think...ofcourse at cons everyone is so nice.

You have not even seen the discs...

-John Sirabella

9. blaster

blaster Guest

Ryan...

If you really think that having a picture of me as an avitar is not a reason to get upset...please email your photo for my avitar..I am sure you would not
    mind.

The one thing atleast I can say better about this board is that I got people posting about me and the company on mobius and they will not even let me post because they are taking no new members.

I even wrote them with no answer!!

-John Sirabella

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005
  10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well, if you look at screenshot comparisons, the two transfers are obviously different.

If you search the board, there are plenty of attacks towards other companies such as Paramount, and even AB and BU... but those companies don't make as many errors as you guys do either. Don't get me wrong, I respect you guys and your product, but if you put out something that is less-than-perfect, expect to be criticized for it.

Well, I have in fact had my photo used as an avatar in the past and yes I was a tad pissed about it... but since then I've learned that there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. I've learned that if your photo is on the net for all to see, then it should not be a surprise if someone who doesn't like you uses it as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005
  11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You can use my pic for your avatar blaster if that will help you to feel like you are getting back at someone :)

12. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Well, come February 2005, we'll all be able to judge this release for ourselves.

John, I would assume this will make street date, Is this not correct?

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I'll wait until others give their opinions on this release before making a judgment call to buy it or not.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'm buying it, and I think it's a pity a representative from one of the premier DVD companies is getting treated this way. Shouldn't we be thrilled we have an "inside track" to someone in the know? Criticicism is okay - but it's how it's done. LIke some of the comments toward me in this thread. It's not that it takes place, just how the criticism is presented, imo.

Still, there's no reason for Blaster to post on here at all - but it's our loss really. I clearly don't know the details, but it is clear that Lizard has been a very troubled title - and just seeing it out there will be a step in the right direction.

Andrew - get in touch with Blaster!

15. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

John isn't just a representitive of Media-Blasters, he is the OWNER of the company! So you can' get anymore "inside" than that! I agree, we should be blessed that he is posting and corresponding with us,

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

97:59, but this is an electronic copy, so it literally starts at the credits and ends after them (no buffer time like there is with most VHS copies). I don't know if it was altered from PAL to NTSC either, so I won't go down that road.
    That's fine, thank you for your response.
    So your "home video Beta master" is a big improvement over the VHS prints?
    I never wondered why you were upset.

17. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I've tried many times to get in touch with them and I was never responded to. This was to help offer assistance with titles, especially this title, and also to get exchanged copies of titles I never received (Zombi 3 with commentary.) We were told before hand that Zombi 3 would be available at retail stores with commentary, it never was. I sent mine in and nothing. Not one response. Anchor Bay, Image, and Blue Underground were great with their exchanges and answered all e-mails and handled the exchange very smoothly. Not once was I responded to, this is unacceptable.

The Auido glitches, poor inserts in Zombi 3, framing issues, Werewolf Woman mistakes, not flagged for progressive scan, constant spelling errors, it goes on and on. Poor quality control. No excuse can be made for these releases. I certainly understand mistakes can happen, but they don't fix theirs, even though John always promises "to look into it" on various forums. They don't stand behind their product, pure and simple. It is a shame because some of their releases are quite good to very good, but these are the exceptions not a majority.

18. rhett

rhett Administrator

John, we internet fans are a cynical bunch. Go to any forum, and you will see the same kind of scrutiny from their members. Admittedly, it isn't the nicest way to be, nor is it something to be proud of, but nonetheless it unavoidable when you are a person behind a computer with a loss of inhibitions. It may be harsh medicine, reading all this criticism, but I would take it in stride, something that would keep your company, and every other, on their toes. If there is a flaw in the product, people will talk about it. Blue Underground has been criticised for the print they used for SHOCK WAVES, and Anchor Bay has had more than their fair share of complaints regarding the prints of ARMY OF DARKNESS and ZOMBIE, the non-anamorphic Argento discs and the sound issues with DAY OF THE DEAD. No company is infallible to scrutiny here or anywhere else, so please John, don't feel as if this forum is picking on you. This kind of treatment just comes part and parcel with the internet.

As for using you as an avatar, please don't take it so personally. As of late it has kind of been an inside joke using other people's pictures as avatars, I'm using Dave's picture, he's using mine, Lyle was using betterdan's, and RyanPC is using a picture of Dave's mom. There used to even be one of Bill Lustig that floated around, so you are not getting any special negative attention.

At the same time however, we should all realize that John is posting here on his own time, and is doing this because he cares enough about the fans. I'd hope that all DVD companies would feel comfortable posting here, so we need to realize more than anything that John's being here is a privilege and not a right.

While there may be issues regarding the prints they are using for LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN, for a film this obscure we should just be damn thankful that Shriek Show is going to the lengths that they are for this title. It is justified that people would get frustrated with this release; it was delayed without announcement just as ZOMBI 2 had been, so this was appearing to be a negative trend. John has sorted this out here and now though, and let us all remember that even more accessible films, like Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD, have had lengthier delays on DVD.

So please John, don't feel unwelcome here, I know we are all glad to have you. There has been a lot of great information and development happening in this thread, and I hope it continues in a respectable manner.

19. bachmann

bachmann Member

well ive preordered this and cant wait to see it and Im sure this will be the best ive ever seen the film. im sure SS has put alot of effort into this release and if this is the best its gonna get for now, im glad that we finally have a official release.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: