At Last!!Lizard In A Woman's Skin being released Feb.8 2005!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Oct 28, 2004.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

/me offers a cookie to dwatts to make it all better.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

We don't like the same type of cookies. :D

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will avoid this title

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Maybe he will avoid your question ;)

6. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I think I'm gonna start passing on his posts. Har!

7. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I just passed gas...erm nevermind. :lol:

8. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

When I first heard about this, I was pretty upset. Just the words "Fulci", "giallo", "uncut", and then "fullscreen". But reading John's second post on the matter, I understand. While I would have preferred a widescreen release, this is likely as good as we'll get.

And John, yes...be thankful you're not at Paramount or Columbia. They seem to get the brunt of this forum's "punishment", and for good reason. I think we've all complained about just about every company out there at some point or another. In my own reviews at DVD Drive-In.com, I've had nasty words to say about just about everyone (Troma, Paramount, and Columbia especially). And to my knowledge, at least your company hasn't out-right lied to the fans, like Columbia (dammit, they did use the wrong print for Happy Birthday to Me, and why can't they admit it!?!?!)

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Personally, I don't know of any spelling errors on Shriek Show discs (admittedly, I only have 4, they are hard to come by in Canada), but a spelling error would be better than the synopsis written on the back of all Paramount horror DVDs. They all look like they've all been written by a third grader. Especially the F13s and Pet Sematary.

I'll be picking up this title. I voted "no" in the poll, but now that I read what is going on, shit, I'll take it. At least they gave us two cuts of the film. Argue that it's not obscure, I somehow doubt that people will be heading out in the masses to rent and buy this. :p

The heart of Shriek Show speaks volumes. I mean, we are getting an uncut version of the film and getting it on DVD, which is a feat in itself. Not to mention the dead ends and shit they had to put up with while getting it. All the fucking around and searching costs them money, so it looks like they put a lot of it into this release to make it the best they can. I highly doubt SS would intentionally release a fullframe transfer unless they had no other option.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  10. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

What I find the most fascinating...and pretty random...is that MGM had Lizard in a Woman's Skin. :eek1: I mean...wtf? When did they ever obtain it? When I think MGM, I think of obscure cult faves from Orion and Thorn-EMI...I don't think super-rare Fulci. Or even Giallo for that matter.

If this deal with MGM proves profitable for both parties, I hope it opens a dialogue with MGM that will allow for you guys to take some of their more obscure titles (sort of like what Anchor Bay and Fox are doing). I, for one, would love to see a Shriek Show version of Hospital Massacre. :D

11. old-boo-radley

Shriek Show needs to release Doom Asylum! It'd be the greatest day in cheesy slasher history!

12. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

That would have been ideal for Lucky 13 to have released, but seems like they have mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth. Shame, as they were working on DVDs of Class Reunion Massacre, The Slayer, and Nightmare before they up and vanished without a trace. :(

Someone call Unsolved Mysteries. ;)

13. old-boo-radley

Those discs would be awesome. Seems there are really a lot of classics out there still. But, what if Shriek Show released Doom Asylum and all the copies of Doom Asylum mysteriously vanished before they hit the shelves - the Doom Asylum Curse living on!?

14. marcx

marcx New Member

Does anyone believe that John, SS, or any company putting out a product wants to put out something less than the best they can. As I said before John started replying here, I believe SS is putting out the best version(s) that they were able to acquire. After waiting so long, I will gladly pick this up. If down the line a better version surfaces--well let's jsut say that I've already double dipped on films I was less excited about than this...

I'm not going to say i am not dissapopinted about it not being OAr, but at this point Id rather have the film in the best format possible as opposed to not having it at all....

15. Blue Holocaust

Blue Holocaust New Member

For all it's worth, in May last year I've seen the movie on the big screen here in France, in french language, under its french title "Carole", it looked like a 1.85:1 aspect ratio and it SEEMED uncut (at least compared to the divx available on the net somebody else was referring to): nudity, dog vivisection, giant goose hallucination, etc... So a seemingly uncut widescreen french print is probably out there like somebody else said...
    This is the place where I saw it: http://www.lacinemathequedetoulouse.com/
    during the "Cinéma Extrème" month (may 2004)

16. old-boo-radley

I read that they cut the documentary on the disc down from 75 mins to 30, anyone heard why?

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

That's very interesting news.
    The dog "operations"
    are the most notoriously cut things from the film, so if they were in it, I doubt anything else was cut.

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

SS release good stuff from time two time, so I think for what its worth me should give it a go for this release but dont forget that this WILL NOT be the last that we hear from LIAWS!

19. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

The only SS disc I own is All The Colors of the Dark.

I'll probably pick up Lizard if I can find it in-store for cheap. I think Andy's avatar was and still is hilarious, btw. Anyone who doesn't like it should grow thicker skin.

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I don't like it Lyle. His avatar makes me feel all funny down there.:freak: