At last!Some Giallo news again:Nothing Underneath coming to R2 DVD!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

2. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Oh Shit.......... This movie is a real lost gem. It's more Necrophilia then Giallo. It came out years after the Giallo craze died. The ending is nothing short of awesome. Donald Pleasence is in allot of this film too. The Director tries his best to copycat Argento & succeeds IMO.
    [​IMG]

3. Crystal Plumage

Not long ago we discussed it in PM world,have you seen it?
    Would I like it?

4. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Ya I remember making you do all the work & tracking the film down for moi. :p Anyway If you don't go into the film with high as hell expectations you will highly enjoy it. The problem with films like this is the film was made after the Italian cinema had officially died. There is nothing new here to be discovered. However the director keeps the visual style very interesting.The music is very good as well. I tend to have a love hate relationships with Giallo films. Nothing Underneath is actually a pretty good thriller. The film is elevated by a number of good twists, and a great sense of style emanating from both the modeling theme and the good ideas that have gone into putting the plot together. I am perhaps overrating it a little. Inventive cinematography, nice settings, elaborate murders, & a plot with more twists and turns than you can shake a stick at. Last ten minutes will make your teeth rattle and grind. Anyway with my luck you will hate this film. Still give it a try, but don't expect too much.

The suicide ending almost made me ball my eyes out.

[​IMG]

The film also has a sequal Sotto il vestito niente 2 (1988).

Additional Info:
    "Too Beautiful to Die", like so many other Gialli movies, takes place in a world full of gorgeous fashion models, perverted old rich bastards, extortion and of course sadistic murders. The plot is standard Giallo material, but there are a few pleasant and thoughtful twists and director Dario Piana upholds an adequate level of suspense and mystery until the very end. The starlets are indescribably beautiful, their revealing outfits are unimaginably sexy and there's one steaming hot (and admirably stylish) sex sequence to make it all complete. Perhaps one advantage 80's Giallio have over their 70's competitors, they are MUCH women-friendlier and respectful. The murders are obviously rather grisly, as they are committed with eerie daggers and even a replica Iron Maiden torture device, and the revelation of the killers' identity is absurd in a good old-fashioned way. "Too Beautiful to Die" actually only has one major downside, and it isn't even the film's own fault. It was an inexplicably popular trend back in the 1980's to stuff any movie, no matter what genre or subject matter, with annoying hit music and incredibly overlong footage of people dancing to it. Especially in the case of a whodunit, this completely ruins the atmosphere and brings the viewer out of his/her concentration. Apart from the cheesy 80's-flavored sauce, "Too Beautiful to Die" is a delicious Italian Giallo-dish.

5. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I got really lucky today and used firmware to unlock one of my DVD players. I have a portable Zenith DVP615. I can curl up to my Region 2 imports now.

Can't wait for this DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I saw this on Cinemax in the 80's,not a bad giallo_Oddly I think this was originally considered as a project by Antonioni,who ultimately passed on it.Pretty sharp looking film from memory.

7. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Ya it's total eye candy very beautiful visual style. :p

8. Crystal Plumage

Bump :D
    Looking forward to this one.
    Anyone heard about a def. street date yet?

9. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Negative, also sense Tony closed shop (sort of) now I have no clue how I am supposed to obtain this. :(

10. Crystal Plumage

You might try here,I know I will :):
    http://absurd-online.dk/shop/default.asp

11. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Yeah nice site in english too but, I can't understand what they're prices are??? :hum: 99,00 DKK (incl. VAT) ???

12. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

20.69 US

13. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Looks like they ship to the USA. I just don't know how they're order prossesing works. I don't see any link for create an account. All I see is the add to cart feature. Well for those of you who have used that site above. How does they're ordering work? How good or bad is they're service? Also how well do they package DVD's?

farwell xploited :(

14. Beastus

Beastus New Member

If you order from the US, remember to press the "show prices without VAT", that's located at the end of the product page. That will shave around 20-25% off the price. (VAT is sales tax, which is subtracted when shipping from the European Union to a country outside of the EU).

15. Crystal Plumage

16. Crystal Plumage

17. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

18. Crystal Plumage

Delayed....The new release date is October....Nothing definitive.

19. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Just freaking wonderful.......mmmmm I guess. :eek2:

20. Crystal Plumage

Ah,what the heck.Preordered today at Absurd :D