Atm (2012)

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash28M, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

[​IMG]

Saw this today and thought it wasn't a bad thrill ride. It's about a guy who stalks and traps three people in an ATM enclosure. It's not going to blow you away but if you like horror flicks with a "what would you do" type scenario (which I am a sucker for) and you can overlook the odd leap in logic, you could do much worse.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I didn't care for this. I thought it was logically-impaired and poorly written.

3. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

The blu-ray is $9.99, although tempted the impression I get is that it's not worth it. Can anyone recommend or discourage purchase?

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm not usually one to nitpick at movies or pick apart gaps in logic. As long as the movie is fun, I can easily overlook that stuff. But the holes in this movie are so massive, it is impossible to overlook them.

It looks really high budget, and I like the actors involved. But I can't imagine why they would want to attach themselves to such a wretched script ($$$). It has to be one of the most poorly scripted films of the year so far (excluding no-budget affairs, as this was fairly well-produced).

That said, I did find it watchable. I made it all the way to the downright idiotic/insulting twist ending. If you're curious in the film, then by all means see it. However, I would highly recommend you wait for Netflix / TV / $1 Redbox, etc. Even if I had liked the film, I don't see any replay value in it. $10 is pretty cheap for the blu-ray, but if you can see the film for even cheaper then that would be the way to go.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Alice Eve is in it. For that reason I can recommend it without even seeing it. :p

6. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

I like the artwork...if we were in the VHS era, I'd rent it solely on that.

7. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

It was better than i expected considering the many bad reviews i had read. Nothing really scary here, but the pace is fast and ATM is entertaining enough to warrant a redbox rental.