Attack of the Super Monsters

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by X-human, May 7, 2007.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Because we can never get enough of men it rubber suits:
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1939

Apparently Tsuburaya Productions, the rights owners, have been tipped off about this release so it might not happen but if it does be ready for it because it might not be out there for long. ;)

And also just to put some egg on Dead Central's face, according to this blog the cover art is just the original VHS art, not recently photoshopped as the original author claimed.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I don't know this one - but Japanese men in rubber suits is sure tempting.

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I just watched this, and yeah the first ten minutes KR posted pretty much sums up the rest of the movie. It's an oddball mix of men in suits, minatures, stop motion, live action props and anime. I swear the T-Rex is really a hand puppet but apparently it isn't because you see it walking around full bodied later.

Bizarre, simply bizarre. It's non-stop action though but after awhile it kinda dulls the senses. But then I was really tired by the end. This is the 100 mega ton nuclear bomb of Japanese cliche. A proud member of my collection. :D Makes me want to watch some more 60's Astro Boy but I should really go to bed.