Azumi

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by BloodMan, Dec 31, 2003.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Just in at Diabolik DVD:

From Director Ryuhei Kitamura (Versus)

After training for ten years, Azumi and her fellow students are told that they have been trained for one important mission and only half of them will survive the final test. The survivors embark are a journey that will take them to assassinate 3 ruthless warlords, but only after they have pass through many obstacles including a village of 300 soldiers.

* Import DVD
    * NTSC All Region
    * Japanese DTS and DD 5.1 Audio
    * 2 Disc SE
    * Anamorphic Widescreen
    * English Subtitles
    * Making of
    * Trailers and More

Price: $17.99

Does anyome have any more info on this particular release?

2. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Yeah, it's yet another cut release. A thai release, it is. http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/18422.html

Fuck this, the only place to get the full version now is bootleg. And I'm not sure of the quality of that (anamorphic, dvd9 or 5). Even the upcoming Australian release is cut by those cunt rags at madman, even though they showed the full version in a limited theatrical release in Australia. Fuck I hate madman entertainment. They fuck up so much.

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ah shit man, thanks for the heads up. I really want a good copy of this movie but if its cut then I'll just continue to play the waiting game for a better release.

4. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Yeah, I'm with you thrashard. I guess the only hopes now for a decent release are either USA, HK, or some other european country. I haven't heard any release news on it in any of these countries though.

5. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

6. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I've had the uncut version with English subs on DVD-R that I picked up from the Poker Industries booth at last years Maryland Horrorfind. Great movie. It'll hold me over until an official release comes out.

7. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Savinifan - what is the transfer like? Nice pic? Anamorphic?

8. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I got the 2-disc Japanese version from Poker Industries too. Looks fantastic!
    This is a bootleg? I mean I bought it sealed and it had the white sticker across the top too. The writing on the jacket does look a little blurry....
    either way I paid $15 and I'm completely happy.

9. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I watched the Uncut version last night, and all i can say is AWESOME!
    I've seen Versus, Alive, and Godzilla Final Wars, but I have to say AZUMI is the best film by this director! Great characters, soundtrack, camerawork, and a body count in the hundreds! I didn't expect The movie is so bloody, it rivals Shogun Assassin or IZO for pints spilled on screen! Even after 2 hours and 15 minutes, I did not want AZUMI to end! Except for some moments of strange humor (i'm sure this was intentional) and some poor CGI shots, a near perfect film! 9/10

I write this short review to encourage anyone who has not seen this movie to seek it out and give it a chance.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Does anyone have a link to a site where I can buy the fully uncut version on DVD? I dont care what region it is just as long as its got English subs, obviously.

11. broadwayrock

broadwayrock Guest

The only version that has the directors cut and english subtitles is the Japanese edition.

Because the 2 disc special edition is now out of print, there is only a standard single disc edition available:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(one_line)/detailview.html?KEY=ASBY-2382#

This dvd is also 'legit' if thats of any interest to you.

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Thanks for the link. I just went ahead and ordered the 2-disc bootleg off ebay from stiller66. The guy always has great copies of movies and for only $15 for a 2-discer versus $40 for an out of region single disc edition I think I did pretty good.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006