"Bad Seed" DVD - problems?

Discussion in 'General' started by chancetx, Oct 27, 2004.

1. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

I know this is a bit late but I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with this particular title. I'm on my second copy and I have problems with constant pixelations and the film just getting 'stuck' as it's playing. I'm guessing it's my DVD player but I'm wondering what would cause this as I've never had any problems playing DVDs before (except DVD-R.) I'd assume it's because the movie is rather long and had to be compressed onto the one-sided disc but I have other movies with longer runnning times that play fine. And I have many other DVDs from Warner Bros. that play fine - the guy at the store I returned the 1st copy to said my player was probably not compatible with discs from that company. (They looked at the one I returned briefly at the store and no problems were evident but I don't think they ever went past the main menu screen.)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had had problems with this. I looked at the reviews at amazon.com and did a search here but found no mention of anything like this. TIA for any help. :confused:

(Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place - moderator, feel free to move it if I'm in the wrong section.)

2. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

There are a number of posts about certain DVDs not working, or freezing up. I think generally (what I've found on my own anyway) is that some DVDs just aren't compatible with some players. I've got a number of DVDs (Alien Quadrilogy, F13 box, Episode 2 to name a few) that have features that don't work on my regular player, but when I stick them in my PS2 they work just fine. Best bet would be to stick it in another player and see what happens.

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Mine was fine. I have watched it like 4 times now. It is highly likely it just doesn't fit with your player. I have a few discs that won't play in my DVD player and so I have to play them in my PS2.

4. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i want the one made in 1985