Battle Royale 2 - 2 disc set at Diabolik DVD

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by BloodMan, Feb 4, 2004.

1. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Not familiar with Diabolik. Are they legit?

3. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

diabolikdvd is excellent. great service.

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

They are the best!!! Good service! xploited cinema is real good too, but he don't have BR2 yet.
    :)

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Don't spend this much money on it.

6. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

I would go for dvdasian.com they have cheap shipping and for $15...They are really good, bought my Battle Royale disc from them.

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

If you have to get this, I would actually recommend DVDAsian as well. I ordered a disc that was in stock Saturday afternoon (with priority shipping - under $4) and got it Monday. Insanely well packaged too.

8. Rhubarbarian

Rhubarbarian Guest

Don't be forgettin' good old www.dddhouse.com! Not sure what the shipping is to the US, though..

9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

If you live in Southern California you can go to DVDAsian which is run out of the back rooms of Omni Video in LaPalma and pick it up. The owner is nice and will go out of his way to help you find what you're looking for.

10. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

I can't wait to see this. I ordered on the 3rd when Diabolik posted it on their site. Hell of a price for a two disc set.

11. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Bought the region 3 double disc set for $14.99 + $4.00 shipping, off eBay. Should get it by Thursday. Post a review with screen shots by Saturday evening.

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I ordered this along with some other discs on Saturday. They should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday, and I'll post my thoughts after watching it. My expectations are low despite my love for the first.

13. they better are.... you americans will REALLY dig this one ;)

piece of crap in my opinion, and I LOVED the first one....

14. gusse

gusse New Member

I have just seen the movie and I have to say that I'm rather dissapointed. There are some good ideas in there but overall the execution is sort of uneaven and weak. Some of the acting is pretty damn horrible, the story feels sort of unfocused and the direction isn't all that good. The movie is way to long and drags at the end. It's not all bad, but all in all I'm rather disapointed - it could have been much better! :(

And - oh yes, I'm pretty sure a bunch of you Americans will feel abit offended by the movie. I reccon we'll have many upset posts about this movie in the near future... :eek2:

15. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

Since I don't plan on seeing this unless I can rent it somewhere, why would Americans be offended? Just curious.

16. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Petey, From what I understand, they put out some message basically saying, that nations that don't take care of their terrorist problem, will be attacked by the U.S. That's what I read in a review of the film.

A little off topic... Have any of you read the English translated Manga series? They are on number 5 now, and I have read and enjoyed every one of them. I usually don't enjoy Manga or Anime, but this was a definite must read for me. After the first one, I was hooked. They are very cheap on Overstock.com. Around $8 and change a piece, plus $3 shipping on your whole order!!

17. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Saw the movie, was not that great, but was definately worth the watch. The anti US comments had no effect on me whatsoever.

18. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Just watched it. Damn, started with so much promise, but turned into a sappy after-school special melo-drama. The last 20 minutes are damn-near impossible to watch. Horrible, utter crap.

ekent is right, just replace "USA" anytime you see the words "that country" in the subtitles - doesn't take away from the film at all.

Possible Spoilers

They sure knew how to strech the cameo by Beat Takeshi, I think I saw the same scene with him 3-4 times. Waht was the deal with his replacement, a B-movie star eating a ton of speed? I still have no clue why he showed up with a rugby uniform at the end? Utter crap!

19. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I warned everyone a couple of months ago.

20. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Damn you deaddevil man!
    Every time I have dinner and see your avatar I feel a bit sick... But that's the whole idea after all!