Battle Royale (Best version - merged)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KillerCannabis, May 2, 2002.

1. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

I may perchase the MADSTAR one becasue of the features and DTS track.

2. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

Re: Which Best Battle Royale Dvd To Get

Why not? It blows all others away. The fact that you're asking which one to get leads me to believe that you are capable of playing DVDs from other regions and in PAL format, so is it the cost? If so, I believe Tartan also has a cheaper version of just the movie with a trailer. Check Diabolik.

3. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

OK, I just checked and there is a Tartan NTSC all region version for $29.99

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I just got the Tartan 2-disc LE tin and it fucking rocks. I'll say that I feel the transfer on the NTSC R0 copy is :slightly: better than this one, but the added value of the extended scenes and ending make it fully worthwhile. And a second disc of bonus materials. If you're as big of a fan of the film as I am, this is the edition to have.

5. hassan chaup

hassan chaup Guest

By all means the tin is worth it. I don't go in for frivolous crap as special editions but this is the shiznit me amigo. Picked mine up cheap at Amoeba in LA used and in mint condition. I would gladly pay retail for this version of Battle Royal!

6. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

Battle Royale- which version should I purchase? ***ADMIN MERGE***

Hi.
    I have a region free DVD player and I'm thinking of purchasing online a copy of Battle Royale since no R1 seem to be out yet.

I looked at YesAsia.com but there are a few versions, some of them being VCDs, and two of them being DVDs.
    I'm thinking of getting the Battle Royale SE Director's cut (dts-2disc) (Korean Version). What's the big difference between the regular cut and the diretor's cut? Sometimes Director's Cuts tend to drag the film more than help it. Anyone has seen the two versions and can comment on it?

Mind you, I havn't seen the film and no almost nothing of it. Please no spoilers. I'd like to stay as fresh as possible to discover this baby.

Thanks.

DrJOnes666

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2003
  7. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

8. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Don't go for the korean one becasue the special features are not subbed.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Will there ever be an R1 release?:nervous:

10. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

Where can I purchase the TIN UK edition?

DrJOnes666

11. John

John Guest

I got mine at Amazon UK!

12. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

26 pounds? Are they crazy or what? That's 41$ US! 63$CAN!

13. John

John Guest

You can probably find it cheaper. They are very reputable and they had some other things I was looking for. I am pleased with my purchase though.

14. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

I'm not paying over 45$CAN for a DVD, no way.

DrJOnes666

15. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

I've been hesitating on buying BR cause i hear the directors cut is somehow worse than the original but i want to see both. NO money.

16. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

I just picked this up today at a local record store. Brutal flick. Can't recommend it enough.

17. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

From what I've heard in numerous places the TIn version is an NTSC to PAL conversion, and a bad one at that. Go for Tartan's NTSC version, where they at least left it 'as is'.

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I don't understand how the UK, known for censorship and all, get's this movie released and the U.S. still doesn't. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's remade and Dreamworks will release with a new digitally remastered picture and a Dobly Digital 5.1 remix, all this for only $27.99!

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Battle Royale

You can delete or merge this thread if there is already one, I apologize beforehand if that's the case.

Anyway, I bought this movie at Horrorfind and was absolutely amazed by it. I can't express how much I loved this film. It's even in my top 20 now. Everytime I watch it I love it even more. It has also sprung an interest in Asian cinema for me. It sucks that this film probably won't get a U.S. release, as I read about the company not wanting to license the rights to any distributors over here, but I have the film so I'm happy. I'm confused about one thing though. Is the version released by Starmax edited for violence, I know it's longer but is the violence edited?

20. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I'm merging this thread as there are several existing discussions going already (albeit starting to age). In fact, McGrim13, you actually contributed to one...:p:D