Battle Royale Region Free NTSC released on 6/28/02

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by poorlogic, Jun 28, 2002.

1. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Poker Industries will have an all region NTSC DVD of Battle Royale in stock on 6/28/02. Here's the details:

Anamorphic Widescreen; Dolby Digital 5.1; Trailer; Stills Gallery; Filmographies; Film Notes; Trailer Reel.

$33.99

Use the code PBOLLY02 to receive a 10% discount off your order

Here's a link:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/acatalog/catalogbody.html

This looks like this amazing film will finally get a excellent transfer!

2. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

I see that it's Tartan putting out the NTSC version of "BR" on it's Asia Extreme label so more then likely it's going to be a print similar to their original PAL release which a lot of people were not too happy with. I didn't find a problem with it but then again, I hated the film so it didn't really matter. :) Still, it's great that those in NTSC country that aren't region free yet can see it, though the price tag is a bit high even with the discount. :)

3. Bods

Bods Guest

4. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I agree, the price is way too high (considering I bought the region 3 DVD for $15 bucks from the same company). Never bought a disc from Tartan - heard some pretty lousy things about thier releases (like Vipco....).

5. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I agree, the price is way too high (considering I bought the region 3 DVD for $15 bucks from the same company). Never bought a disc from Tartan - heard some pretty lousy things about thier releases (like Vipco....).

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I'm going to buy this regardless of the price. Battle Royale is one of the best movies I've seen and the fact that I could own it on my R1 player is enough for me to order it. I wish that it was the director's cut of the film, but I can live with just having the movie period. Hopefully the DC will get an eventual release.