BBC Horror TV

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Shannafey, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    It seems like the BBC is the place to be for horror TV. Hey, that rhymes!! There have been a few new shows since last year.

http://www.tv.com/dead-set/show/76213/summary.html?q=dead set&tag=search_results;title;1

http://www.tv.com/demons-uk/show/76510/summary.html?q=demons&tag=search_results;title;4

http://www.tv.com/being-human/show/75191/summary.html?q=being human&tag=search_results;title;1

I watched Dead Set and loved it. Watched all of Demons so far and it is mediocre, but I'm a sucker for those kinds of shows. I just DL'd Being Human last night and look forward to checking it out.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Demons IS mediocre, but so far it's way better than what I've seen of Primeval. It's obviously geared for kids so I cut it some slack. Not every horror show can live up to the standards of Supernatural, I guess. ;)

Speaking of Supernatural for example, imo that show didn't really get it's legs until Season 2 so let's see where the writers for Demons takes us in the coming months/years. I see some untapped potential there.

Haven't seen the other shows you've mentioned, but I'm interested!

3. Shannafey

I see we're on the same wavelength. Supernatural is my favorite show. Haven't watched Primeval yet, but have the first 2 seasons. I don't know if Demons is going a second season. I thought it was just a 6 ep mini. I could be wrong. For some reason, I can't stop watching it. I love shows like Buffy, Supernatural and Demons, even though Demons probably won't ever live up to those others, even if it gets a second season.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

don't mean to be anal but i live in the uk and want to point out that only 'being human' is on the bbc, 'demons' is on itv and the best of the bunch 'dead set' is on the always reliable CH4, can't say i care much for being human & demons, but dead set was fantastic, an utterly enjoyable satirical gore filled ride, definately worth a view by anyone who visits this site.

5. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

I really enjoyed the BBC3 Pilot their aired around this time last year of "Being Human", I'm curious to check out the follow up series.

6. Shannafey

I knew that, but I was trying to make things easy. Sorry! I should have just said British Television in general! I'm anal too, so I understand you!!

7. agentc

agentc Member

Being human is great, we're only into the second episode and I really can't wait to see where this series goes.

The cast changes from the pilot were a little jarring at first but they seem to be growing into their parts now. I highly recommend seeing this show if you can.