BCI Unveils Shocking September Slate

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jul 8, 2008.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, the first company to show all their cards for the fall's annual glut of horror is BCI (along with their partner in crime, Code Red). Some, like tubby guy on a college campus masterwork FINAL EXAM and SAVAGE STREETS may be old news, but two new Code Red's, a few double features and a new DTV horror add even more, as Grandpa Seth would say, fuel to the fire. Here's the awesome list of titles coming out this September from the brothers at BCI:

THE GLEAM
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 2, 2008
    MSRP: $9.98

A homeless actor is given shelter by a mad scientist, only to discover the scientist has been bringing dead animals back to life...and now he wants humans. Deemed as stylish as THE SIXTH SENSE and with a new director lauded as the next Shyamalan, THE GLEAM makes its worldwide debut courtesy of BCI.

A DAY AT THE BEACH
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 9, 2008
    MSRP: $19.98

Not horror, but with Code Red as distributor and Roman Polanski as writer, it's bound to garner some interest with the cult crowd. Truth be told it's a bizarre little drama with a man taking his polio-stricken daughter for a walk down one of cinema's most damp and dreary beaches. They run into some interesting characters, including an understated Peter Sellers and a whole boatload of ennui.

THE KIDNAPPING OF THE PRESIDENT/DEATHROW GAMESHOW
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 9, 2008
    MSRP: $9.98

When the US president is kidnapped in Toronto, it's up to William Shatner and some Canadian tax credits to break him loose from an armored van in THE KIDNAPPING OF THE PRESIDENT. Directed by future director of the insanely oddball MEATBALLS III. The second half of the double bill is DEATHROW GAMESHOW, about a bunch of convicts who have the ability to cheat death and win some prizes in a morbid reality show of the future. Sound like a RUNNING MAN rip-off? It is! Directed by the eccentric Mark Pirro, who wrote and directed a bunch of horror oddities like MY MOM'S A WEREWOLF, CURSE OF THE QUEERWOLF and NUDIST COLONY OF THE DEAD. Skintalizing!

BEYOND THE DOOR
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 16, 2008
    MSRP: $24.98

Code Red strikes again with one of the most requested Euro-horror classics not yet on DVD, the EXORCIST cash-in with gore and sleaze like only the Italians could do it! New and uncut, and with your usual Code Red array of supplements, this will have your head spinning.

CEMETERY GIRLS/VAMPIRE HOOKERS
    [​IMG]
    MSRP: $12.98

BCI takes once more to the drive-in with this collection of two of the best titled vampire flicks I can think of. Paul Naschy gnashes his way through CEMETERY GIRLS as a diabolical doctor hellbent on making women whip and suck the blood of vivacious virgins. John Carradine mugs in VAMPIRE HOOKERS (also known as CEMETERY GIRLS as well) with a couple bloodsuckers masquerading as prostitutes for some new clientele. Packed as an awesome double feature, good or bad, these movies are bound to suck!

SATAN'S SLAVE/TERROR
    [​IMG]
    MSRP: $12.98

BATMAN's favorite Alfred, Michael Gough, stars in SATAN'S SLAVE as a leader of a devil cult with the powers to bring back the dead. It's medieval torture abound as a cryptic witch is burned at the stake, leaving a trail of heads and limbs in her wake in the creatively-titled TERROR. Both were written and directed by the respective David McGillivray-Norman J. Warren team responsible for fare like FRIGHTMARE and INSEMINOID. Another double feature that will whip your grindhouse pleasures into shape.

SAVAGE STREETS
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 23, 2008

There are bad things villains do in cinema, and then there is raping a mute-deaf sister before killing her best friend. SAVAGE STREETS earns its title, with Linda Blair going all vigilante on the perpetrators complete with crossbow and some crazy leather. What did she get for her trials? A Razzie! Directed by the underrated Danny Steinmann of FRIDAY THE 13TH - A NEW BEGINNING and Code Red's August release, THE UNSEEN, this new 2-disc will be Bronson badass.

FINAL EXAM
    [​IMG]
    Street Date: September 23, 2008

A knife and belly wielding madman ensures the frat antics of Wildman and the entire campus collegiate come to a close as he hacks and slashes his way through HALLOWEEN rip-off after rip-off. It's FINAL EXAM, it's awesome, and God help the rest who don't throw hearts at this classic slasher affair.

Start saving, because if this is only a taste of what is to come this fall, then it's going to be a great year for old school revival!

Attached Files:

• door.jpg
      door.jpg
      File size:
      27.6 KB
      Views:
  2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Beyond the Door is way tempting, but I noticed the other day the local vid shop still has the old VHS tape so I suppose I should rent it first.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Cool line up. Looking forward to Cemetery Girls / Vampire Hookers, Savage Streets and Beyond The Door. Nice to see the underrated supernatural slasher Terror getting a new re-release :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  4. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

These look excellent, I'll definitely be getting Savage Streets, Cemetery girls/Vampire Hookers, and Final Exam

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Beyond the Door and Final Exam will be mine.

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Cannot wait for most of the titles!!! Uh...hate to complain, but what's with the "rainy night" artwork on FINAL EXAM????? The film takes place days before summer break...

7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I think pretty much all of those will be mine, except maybe The Gleam.

8. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

So much money's gonna be spent if other companies start putting out stuff I want this much.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Sounds like a great month!!!

Savage Streets and Final Exam are still my most wanted on that list, but it's nice to see that films like Deathrow Gameshow are now getting a domestic DVD release.

10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Nice to see Deathrow Gameshow finally get a DVD release. I've chatted with Mark Pirro, very cool guy and he makes some cool cult flicks. I'm very excited about this.

11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

For those wondering, Cemetery girls is actually "Count Dracula's Great Love" which has been released on one of those Elvira discs. Hopefully BCI's print will be in better shape. At any rate, great lineup! It amazes me how far BCI has come since their early Brentwood days.

12. Except for the Polanski flick, I want all of these discs! I may rent the Polanski flick first, however and maybe I'll actually end up buying it.

13. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

So Code Red's label is not on the spine for SAVAGE STREETS and FINAL EXAM??

Either way, those two in particular look like great releases. And CR's got an October release of the T&A piece HOT MOVES which I've been waiting eagerly for, as well.

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I really don't understand why they were rushing to put out this totally out of character film when they have so many other great movies in their possession. It would be one thing if Polanski directed it, but writer? Calling it a lost Polanski flick is really stretching it. But with SWEET 16, BUTCHER BAKER NIGHTMARE MAKER and FORCED ENTRY coming out in October and November, how can you complain?!

15. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I believe those two are BCI not Code Red released discs, thus the absence of CR's label.

16. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

SAVAGE STREETS is long overdue.Wonder if the Norman J. Warren double bill will have any of the Pal versions extras ?

17. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I'll wait on THE GLEAM and the Polanski flick but everything else perks my interest into "gotta buy 'em now!!" mode.

18. rhett

rhett Administrator

Code Red worked on both though in the transferring and supplement areas. Consider them phantom projects.

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

No interest in The Gleam and Day at the Beach. Just might pick up all the rest though. Originally I was going to pass on the vampire double feature, but Vampire Hookers is tempting. Beyond the Door is the film I'm looking forward to seeing the most. Savage Streets has the best cover. Kidnapping of the President is another definite buy considering the Shatner factor. :cool:

20. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

That's because horror films need EXTRAS, and DAY AT THE BEACH doesn't need extras since the lead actor died on us. :( Polanski can't be involved since he is unable to come to America. Extras are the main reason why most of the titles we have arn't released yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008