BEHIND THE MASK: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nellis Falls, Feb 7, 2006.

1. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

2. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I wasn't really a big fan of this movie. The guy who played Leslie was quite good, but nearly all of the other actors fell flat. An interesting concept, but it took too long to build up and I got bored.

3. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

After all the hype that this film got, I picked it up and watched it. And I found it highly over-rated. I felt like I got ripped off. I perfer "Man Bites Dog"

4. philxus

philxus New Member

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :evil:

5. gore

gore Guest

Some say its part Blair Witch part Scream. Going with that notion, the Blair Witch part was entertaining, the scream part pretty much sucked, which is only the last 20 minutes or so of the film so its not all that bad.

6. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

I checked this out from the library and it turned it off after 25 minutes. It just didn't hold my interest.

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Just saw this finally via netflix- LOVED IT! Best think Ive seen horror wise in quite a while and very well done- smart, funny and great ending- Ill have to go pick this up on dvd now....

8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I just watched it last night. I thought it was ok, but not great. Maybe I'm just not into the whole documentary about a killer thing, I had the same reaction to Man Bites Dog.

9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I just finished watching this one (finally!!!). I had just put it in to check something out about the DVD and ended up getting sucked into the movie. Just great! I liked Leslie and the film crew, thought they really made it work for me. Also great to see Angela Goethals in this. I don't know what she's done since Phenom but I'm glad to see she's getting some work and doing a great job.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I agree- I loved this movie- very funny and smart and then changes course a bit for a great (while predictable) ending

11. Curt Duncan

Curt Duncan Guest

Have to agree with DrHerbertWest on this. Still comes recommend by me. The Psycho Killer song at the end! :D Class.

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I finally watched this, since I got a cheap copy. I felt like that myself. The first part was boring and stupid though I was a bit intrigued. The movie ended predictably. I figured all of it out pretty quickly and it was just an average horror film. I really don't know why everyone raved about this film. It wasn't great. And, even though I saw it on the cover and knew about it, the mask looked so stupid, it was hard to get into the character! Another example of a film that got rave reviews by everyone and was way too overhyped!! I was afraid I'd have that reaction to it. Not a bad film, but I guess I was expecting way too much!

13. If you expect too much, you'll be disappointed constantly! Anyhow, I actually enjoyed this movie. Good stuff.