Best 50's Sci-Fi/Horror flicks??.....

Discussion in 'Classic' started by KillerCannabis, Feb 2, 2003.

1. mr9mm

mr9mm Guest

hey there guys...need help looking for an old 50's horror/sci fi..... i remember it had a bunch of flying braons in it.....and the were people in some type of small houseand the brains had spinal cords....i was very young when i saw it....would love to find it again.
    any help would be great.
    thanx

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Fiend Without a Face.

Criterion has the best release by far, but you can get a cheapo version in R2.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

THEM !,THE THING and INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS are among the best in the genre.For foreign language buffs I would also throw out the original Japanese cut of GODZILLA,titled GOJIRA.It is much better than the altered U.S. cut and is surprisingly dark.IT !-THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE is an influential cheapy as well,fun ,pacey film .

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I just watched The Day The Earth Stood Still last week. Wow, what an amazing film that is. Awesome. I also recently purchased (but havent received in the mail yet) The Brain From Planet Arous and It Came From Outer Space. Planning to get The Blob, Fiend w/o a Face and Them! very soon.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Don't forget to grab the excellent "I Married a Monster from Outer Space" - I think you'll enjoy it, it should be easy to get and cheap.

6. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Member

For those who get the channel, Turner Classic Movies is showing a new documentary tonight (Tuesday) on the 50s sci-fi movies. It's on at 8pm ET (and again at 10:30), is called "Watch the Skies" and has contributions from Spielberg, Lucas and others. They are also showing some of the movies discussed.

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! :banana: