Best Bad Movie?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Jan 8, 2009.

?

vote

1. Mommie Dearest (1981)

4.3%
  2. Xanadu (1980)

2.9%
  3. Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes! (1978)

4.3%
  4. Howard The Duck (1986)

7.1%
  5. Showgirls (1995)

10.0%
  6. The Wicker Man (2006)

1.4%
  7. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)

10.0%
  8. Glen Or Glenda (1953)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Can't Stop The Music (1980)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Robot Monster (1953)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1964)

1.4%
  12. Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002)

2.9%
  13. Don't Go In The Woods (1981)

4.3%
  14. Battlefield Earth (2000)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Hobgoblins (1988)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Leonard Part 6 (1987)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Troll 2 (1990)

30.0%
  18. House Of The Dead (2003)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Manos: The Hands Of Fate (1966)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. other

21.4%
  1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Louis B. Mayer I assume is who you're talking about there. Yeah, the fucker was a REAL asshole. Probably the biggest asshole of anyone who ever worked in Hollywood. Personally, I blame him for Judy Garland's death. If he were still alive in 1969 when Garland died, he should've been charged with murder. He was the one who had her take the barbiturates that made her lose weight. She would be addicted to them for the rest of her life, she was never able to kick the addiction and it inevitably killed her.

He'd call his stars ugly, fat (yet he was a tubby prick fatass himself) and just made people feel like shit. Joan Crawford was a crazy bitch all along, but he really ruined Judy Garland's life. The girl never deserved to be treated the way he treated her. (He'd have her deprived of sleep, drugged up on diet pills, wouldn't let her eat, etc etc.) There was an interview with a woman who had worked with Garland during the '30s and '40s at MGM. She said they were performing in a Santa Claus parade and while they were sitting on the float, Garland turned to her and said, "Have you eaten at all today? I'm starving." The girl said no but they were going to have food for them at the after party. She went on to say that when she glanced back at Judy, she was scarfing down candy canes because she was so hungry. Finally, at the after party when everyone was eating, Louis B. Mayer would only let her drink water. He wouldn't even let her eat. He'd constantly call Garland ugly and it wasn't until 1944 in Meet Me in St. Louis that she said she finally felt beautiful. (She was a beatiful woman) Mayer even went on to say, "I want to make beautiful pictures about beautiful people." Jackass.

And Irving Thalberg, who was overseer of production at MGM suffered a minor heart attack in, I believe it was 1932. Jealous of Thalberg's success in the studio, Mayer had him demoted and replaced him with David O. Selznick. Mind you, Selznick was an amazing producer, but it proves that Mayer was a total dickhead.

~Matt

2. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

Is easy. Blood Mask is must to see it. Bad movie! Worst!

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I guess I have the most affection for PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.I've seen this in a packed theater and people honestly do seem to love it.It's so charmingly cheap and the dialogue is so ...wow. The fact that Ed Wood seemed genuinely sincere about it makes me love it more,he wasn't just tossing it off,he was really trying.

MANOS:THE HANDS OF FATE is I think a much worse film than PLAN 9.It's strangely hypnotic,though.Somehow it feels like a half remembered bad dream.Awful,but fascinating.MST3K's version is hilarious,watching it straight is almost disturbing.

Of recent bad classics BATTLEFIELD EARTH is awesome.Lots of money and talent went into making this film into a laughing stock.Bad dialogue galore and I'm still not sure who gives the most embarrassing performance.One of the best bad films ever inflicted on "man animals".

4. Cardiac Tom

Cardiac Tom Guest

Shark Attack III for me...So damn awful it gets better and better as you go...

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

another big SHOWGIRLS mark here. Watch it every year, or whenever it pops up on TV. Own the LD and CE and will own it on blu-ray when it's released.

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Come work in the biz for a few years Matt. There is ALWAYS a bigger asshole.

7. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I picked Xanadu, because it is so awesome and yet so bad. However, my number once choice would have been the truly great piece of trash art that is Congo. Written by this year's Oscar nominee John Patrick Shanley and starring Laura Linney, Tim Curry and a martini-drinking, talking gorilla, Congo is such a criminally misunderstood masterpiece of trash cinema. Herkemer Homolka's opening speech, for instance, is a wonder to behold. And Jerry Goldsmith's music is fantastic.

8. maestra

maestra New Member

As if anything on this list would beat Troll 2.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

But have you heard Caesar sing?

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Elves (1989)

No contest. I don't understand how this one gets overlooked in favor of Troll 2. I love it!

Saw Nail Gun Massacre for the first time recently, I think that would qualify as well.

11. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Tommy Wiseau's The Room

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Went with Troll 2, but Samurai Cop comes in at a close second.

13. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Death Wish 3 for me. I watch it 12-15 times a year and it never fails to deliver. It has everything you could possibly ask for: endlessly quotable dialogue, Deborah Raffin's "acting," and hilariously stilted scenes of people cheering Charlie out their windows to the cheesiest music you've ever heard. Best of all there's not a wasted moment. Any 10-minute segment is chock full of bad movie goodness.

"Chicken's good. I like chicken."

14. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I went with Plan 9. No matter how bad that movie is, it still has Vampira in it, however briefly.

15. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Troll 2 - love it!

16. Baphochrist

Baphochrist New Member

There's some bitchin' choices up there but for flat out hilarity and bizarro entertainment value, I went with THE ROOM! The best so bad it's good movie ever imo.

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I will always resent The Room for popping up just as Troll 2 was looking like it was going to crack into the mainstream. Everybody called that film the new Troll 2. But... there's only one Troll 2. That's what makes it Troll 2. Now... calling The Room the new Showgirls, that I have no problem with!

18. UFAlien

UFAlien New Member

The Apple, which is also my favorite musical ever. Xanadu can't even come close to that movie's level of zany, high-energy insanity and incompetence.

19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I finally watched Hobgoblins the other night and wow, what a perfect second half for a Troll 2 double feature night! Kinda shocked there's no votes for it, had I seen it before I might've voted over Shark Attack 3. Hobgoblins is easier a worse movie than SA3, just not quite as fun or nonsensical, although the 4-5 minute rake/hoe fight rivals They Live for best WTF fight ever!

20. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

My old roommate would probably have picked The Creeping Terror or one of Larry Buchanon's films.