Best Comic Book Adaption

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Criswell, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Criswell

Criswell New Member

O.k Marvel Fans.......(and D.C) :cool: , what makes a good comic book film translation, and who has got it right????

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Richie Rich with Space Jam a close second.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2004
  3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Spiderman 2 without a doubt! X2 was a close second!

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

What he said. I am also a big fan of Hellboy, but it wasn't nearly as good as these two.

5. zombee

zombee Guest

Dick Tracy

6. Criswell

Criswell New Member

mmmmmmm

Seems, to me the answers so far only highlight that making the transition is very difficult.

I loved the colours of DickTracy, but the story was terrible...(not to mention Beatty). I loved the Split screen work in The Hulk, but again the flaws when it came to the nuts and bolts of the story were iffy at best. The "innocence" of Ritchie Rich became a rich boy sit.com.

My dream is the upcoming production of Captain America (I know there was serial). But again when you think of it, it was a pretty unfair story........here's a dude with a 'magic'Shield against mortals.....and The Red Skull. So do you go the NAZI/Magic/Occult route like so many others have done, like Hellboy did??? Beacause if you did, then you automatically betray the books. If not it's a visual mismatch.

Convcesaly if you try to humanise f/x driven heroes like X-men or Iron man or the one I REALLY love to see......THOR, you end up with a CGI mess......

:(

So to me the Keaton Batman is the best adaption so far.

7. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Its gonna be Sin City come next year. :) Dunno who did that... DC or that other one or a totally different company, but it doesn't matter bcuz Sin City will be the best one ever. :)

8. Kakihara

Kakihara Guest

The Crow

9. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Ghost World

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Hulk is the best so far, followed by the original Blade.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Ooh, good one. Why didn't I think of that?

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Think Both Spiderman And Spiderman 2 The Way They Told The Story Of Green Goblin And Probably Hobgoblin In Spiderman 3 I Also Hope They Include Venom Or Carnage In Spiderman 3

13. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I still like the first two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies if those are included as comic adaptations. Howard The Duck is George Lucas' best film!!!! That's a wonderful comic adaptation. Spiderman was good, but it had a forced feeling on me like it was trying too hard (I haven't seen the second one). I love Blade 1 & 2, but haven't seen Trinity (Blade 2 is MY FAVORITE COMIC ADAPTATION along with Ichi The Killer). Which brings me to Takashi Miike's Ichi The Killer.

14. 245Trioxin

245Trioxin Guest

My favorite comic adaptations were the original Batman (DC) and the original Punisher (Marvel) with Dolph Lundgren. I like the Blade movies too, but I felt Blade was one movie where i liked the movie better than the comic book. As a comic book hero, I always felt like Blade was weak and lacked substance. The movies, on the other hand, portray Blade as something more than just the one dimensional hero Marvel portrayed him as.

15. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

X-Men
    Blade
    Spiderman

16. I still enjoy and collect the old Dell comic book adaptations of movies from the fifties and sixties. Some Corman Poe movies were released among the titles. Pretty much
    any movie that was very popular was licensed by Dell for comic book adaptation. You can find them on ebay.

17. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Superman: The Movie without a doubt forget Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, Hulk, etc not one of them holds a candle to this film.

18. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Tales From The Crypt is pretty sweet albeit an unconventional adaptation!

19. zombee

zombee Guest

I agree with you about the colors of Dick Tracy, they are the film's strongest trait. I thought it really captures the feel of the comics, more so than any other comic adaption.

20. Surnom

Surnom New Member

Yes, the Crow for me too, but only the first one, and even tho it doesn't really follow the comics, it still has the same spirit. I liked the spiderman movies, but something was missing in both of them and i don't know what. Just didn't make me that excited...

And i would add the Spawn animated series - but to be frank i've never read the comics...

And barbarella. it is an adaptation, isn't it?