Best Fast Food

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by SaviniFan, Apr 30, 2004.

?

Which Fast Food Joint is the Tastiest Way to a Heart Attack?

1. McDonalds

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Burger King

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Wendys

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Arbys

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. KFC

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Jack in the Box

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. Rallys

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Quiznos

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Subway

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  10. None. I wouldn't put this crap in my body.

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

:lol: :lol:
    I saw that shit when I was in Atl. over X-mas/New Years. I think it is just White Castle with a different name (I didn't eat any, but my GF's friend's boyfriend did).
    I picked none on the list, but that's a damn lie!
    I have and sometimes do eat most of that (no Jack in the Box, cuz we don't have em here in MI.) I was gonna pick Taco Bell as that's top of the list for me.
    Funny, I didn't used to like TB. Then me and the GF went there one night, and the dude at the window said "I have an extra Nachos bel grande', you want it?" We took it and now eat nachos at least once a week. Thanks dude! :confused: He should get a raise for creating 2 more TB junkies. Gotta give a nod to the cheesy godita crunch that just came out. Those are fucking grub!

2. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

i hate boston market! :fuck: their stupid macaroni that looks good but tastes terrible :fire: meatloaf :fire: meatloaf

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

All the Boston Markets in my area closed up. Good thing, they were all horrible. I much prefer Golden Corral.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Mmmmm Golden Corral.
    Doesn't it seem weird that you can buy a cheap ass box of macaroni and make it taste pretty good and creamy. Then you go to a restaurant and they have a hard as hell time making mac and cheese taste decent? Maybe because it sits for so long or something I don't know, but mac and cheese ain't that damn hard to get right.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2004
  5. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Yeah, I think the heat lamp and sneeze guard has a weird effect on the mac and cheese. I gotta hit Golden Corral this weekend.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

Boston Market is one of the few fast food places I think has better quality food. I like their tortellini salad and their creamed spinach a WHOLE lot. Not to mention the Chicken Carver.

I've never tried their mac & cheese, 'cause I always have the above 2 side dishes, unless I'm in a rice or veggie mood. :D

7. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I would have to go with other and HARVEYS it's always been my favorite i used to work there for years and i never got sick of it.

8. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I feel the same way. I am so sick of burgers and fries, it is refreshing to go to Boston Market. I just tried their creamed Spinach the other day, and it was pretty darn good. Unfortunately, Wizzer "hates" Boston Market, so I go there and eat alone sometimes.

9. steve_p

steve_p New Member

It's got to be Rax :banana: :banana: :banana:

10. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Fuck, I remember Rax! I haven't seen one of them in over a decade!

:banana: indeed

I voted Jack in the Box, but I really go for Captain D's. That's another chain that disappeared.

11. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

They changed the wheat bread on the Carver sandwiches a while back, now the bread is super chewy, with some weird high-gloss shine. I used to get them all the time a few years back, but I can't stand them anymore..thanks for the quality control McDonalds!

12. Luna

Luna Guest

Damn, yeah? That kinda blows. It's been a few years since I ate Boston Market. :p

As long as they don't change their tortellini, spinach or regular chicken, I'm good with it.

Oh, I don't know if this is exclusive to Texas or not because I don't remember having their meatloaf in NY, but last time I got meatloaf there, it had this truly crappy caked on tomato sauce on top. I was pretty pissed off because well, I wanted brown gravy and didn't expect the nasty sauce at all. Ick.

Also, damn do I miss White Castle. :fuck:

13. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

My first Boston Market experience sucked. It was like eating lunch at school with the trays and everything. I'm surprised they didn't have sporks.

14. Luna

Luna Guest

You'd hate Luby's then because I think that place is much worse than Boston Market as far as it being cafeteria-like.

15. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I think the last Rax in Columbus just closed last week, out of nowhere. I went there the week before and when I went back it was closed down. Not too surprising given the fact that they had been closing them everywhere else, but I did enjoy their food quite a bit.

16. I voted for Wendys gotta love there burgers

17. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

Other is really a needed option here. The best fast food by far are the chili burgers at The Original Tommy's in LA, or Willies, its sister restraunt in Sacramento. Anyone who hasn't tasted these burgers is obviously a commie red. Jack in the Box isn't bad, so I put my vote there.
    http://www.originaltommys.com/

18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

If you voted for KFC, shame on you: their chicken is overrated, the skin falls off like frosted flakes. Their mac'n'cheese is crap. It's just the biscuits (but- seriously, who cares about them?), cole slaw (and all cole slaw is the same), and ... okay, it's pretty much just the mashed potatoes and gravy. Their gravy is fucking ecstasy.

They lose.

BK's onion rings are stupid. Their burgers might be okay but none of their ingredients they put on them are special enough to make them better than either McDonalds or Wendy's burgers. The best thing about BK is probably those crowns they gave us as kids.

They lose.

...Actually, I just came to dump on these 2 places. I almost never eat fast food because I'm always stuck with someone and they often go for KFC or BK and I'm like...WHY? My thing is onion rings, when I can get them and BK's "onion rings" are a fucking insult to onion rings. Any local pizza place can do better there. And KFC just plain sucks. A Banquet box of fried chicken is waaaaay better (if it has enough breasts). Just get that instead.

19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I no longer eat fast food from the above list, except for a once-a-decade stop at McD's while on a roadtrip for a breakfast biscuit. It's just not worth it. I don't find it that much cheaper than, say, a sandwich shop or food truck, especially when comparing the taste value you lose with it.

20. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Wendy's

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.