Best Horror DVD commentary

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by H0MOSareGAY, Sep 13, 2003.

1. steve_p

steve_p New Member

Any of Bruce Campbell commentary would be my vote.

2. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Frank Henenlotter on Brain Damage - Classic.

3. Trout

Trout Guest

The Thing
    Evil Dead 2
    Repo Man (I know, it's not horror)

4. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

I love the Army of Darkness commentary. put Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell together and you get greatness! My favorite nonhorror commentary would be any of the Christopher Guest movies with him and Eugene Levy. good stuff.

5. Chad

Chad Member

I know it's already been said, but almost anything by John Carpenter, Bruce Campbell or Kevin Smith is pure gold, IMO.

The top one I've listened to up to this point would be, without a doubt, "I Spit On Your Grave" with Joe Bob Briggs commentary.

6. Rock

Rock Member

Jeff Lieberman is GREAT in SQUIRM, just as good as if not better than BLUE SUNSHINE...I can't wait to hear what he has to say about JUST BEFORE DAWN.

7. atkot

atkot Guest

Any commentary involving Bruce Campbell, Kevin Smith, or Kurt Russell is usually good to great.
    And as much as I love the Evil Dead ones, I'd have to say my favorite Bruce commentary, and favorite of all, is ironically for a movie he is not in(at least not his face), Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except.
    And for non-horror, the commentary for Used Cars, with Kurt Russell and Robert Zemeckis pretty much pissing themselves the entire time is great.

8. 6sick6

6sick6 New Member

SC-It's not Hell but you can see it from here.
    Three Words... Evil Dead Trap.

9. satanservant

satanservant Guest

Everyone says how great the the commentary for the Evil dead track is but I haven't got to listen to it yet. My favorites are Re-animator(Jeffrey Combs is hilarious),and I have to agree with Ryanpc. The Joe Bob commentary for I Spit..... on your Grave is great. I haven't gotten his new one yet for Jesse James meets Frankensteins daughter but I'm sure it's a must have.

10. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Night of the Living Dead 1968 Elite, both commentaries, most entaertaining listens maybe ever.

I second Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except, because the commentary is better than the movie

11. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

I'm surprised nobody mentiond C.H.U.D.

I totally laughed my ass off through the whole commentary. Check it out if you haven't!

12. Movie Baron

Movie Baron Guest

My favourites would be

From Dusk To Dawn
    The Thing
    Vampires (John Carpenter)
    Escape from New York (although not really horror)

13. Definitely "C.H.U.D." & "Jason Goes To Hell". Those were freakin' hilarious ...

14. Movie Baron

Movie Baron Guest

Should have also given Cabin Fever a mention - great stuff

15. gloomy grrl

gloomy grrl Guest

I really enjoyed the commentary of Monika M and Florian Koerner von Gustorf (damn, that's a mouthfull :p ) on Schramm...

16. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

The commentaries on Cabin fever are quite entertaining... Eli Roth's own was the best tho. (I think he has one by himself...) That guy knows his shit.
    Still haven't listened to like 2 of them... 5 commentaries on that damn thing.
    Big Trouble In Little China - Carpenter and Russell
    Evil Dead 2 - Raimi and chums
    Oh ya... Joe Bob Briggs - I Spit On Your Grave... funny shit. :) and Joe Bob is a smart man.

17. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    The commentary to They Live on the R2 release is great w/ Roddy Piper and John Carpenter. Roddy has a great memory!

18. Re-Animator - The one with all the cast members , that one is just plain fun to listen to . Maniac was a very good one listen to also , i though William Lustig commentery was very interesting and never boring .

19. Wizejoker

Wizejoker Guest

Evil Dead 2. I really wish there was commentary with Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and all the other crew for Evil Dead.

20. Severn

Severn Member

Any of the ones with Carpenter/Russell great and very entertaining. Also the commentary on Jason Goes to Hell is a guilty pleasure. They are such fans that it comes through the commentary. Great stuff by those guys. :D