Best living dead - zombie film of all time?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by evilbaby, Dec 15, 2001.

1. evilbaby

evilbaby New Member

For me it's Dan O'Bannon's "The Return of the Living Dead".

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

oh....this is a no brainer..........uhhh............................brrrrrainnnnnnssssss!!!!!............Night Of The Living Dead.:eek::)

3. jmc

jmc Guest

The original NIGHT....

4. Pope V

Pope V Guest

Dawn of the Dead - best movie EVER.

5. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

I would have to say Night of the Living Dead, cause it's the original, and Dawn or Return would have never existed without it. However, Dawn & Return come in a very close 2nd & 3rd, respectivley.

6. Trout

Trout Guest

Night of the zombies or Burial ground...no, seriously.

7. Mr. McMinn

Mr. McMinn Guest

Where's Day of the Dead in all of this?

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well for me it's Dawn of the Dead, hands down. It's one of my favorite movies, and it's just an awesome, powerful film. Night of the Living Dead comes in second, as it was the pioneer for the modern (or 70's and 80's) zombie film. I love Day of the Dead a lot more than most people do (and not just for the gore). I've only seen Return of the Living Dead once, and I liked it, but it was a shitty VHS and I wasn't really paying attention. ROTLD 2 was decent, and ROTLD 3 was kinda cool. Fulci's Zombie is overrated IMO but still a decent flick, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is another one I didn't love, but I should give it another chance. Burial Ground was great in a bad way, and I think that's it. :p.

9. xombie xombie xombie

not sure if you mean "living dead" as a romero only question or zombies in general.

best romero? DAY OF THE DEAD ("I'll have you shot......")

best overall? CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD

10. piggwinn

piggwinn Guest

For me it is Zombie Flesheaters because of the gritty feel of the whole film in general, maggots, gore and a top score. I do love all the others though, Argento's cut of Dawn especially.