Best looking Horror films on Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by baggio, Dec 9, 2015.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just what the title says.

What are the best looking Horror Blu-ray's out there?

I'm not talking the film itself. So please don't list any films "just because" the the film is good or because of the special features/extras/etc... Going on visual only. If the the film is garbage, but has an incredible Picture Quality, list it all here. It will be very interesting to say the least to see those. I know there have been some really good transfers of "bad" films.

This is obvious, but please list the movie as well as company that put out the Blu. Since there can be different versions or editions.

2. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Wow there are loads to choose from. I judge a good Blu ray transfer on how authenrltic it is the the movie in question. Off the top of my head for more low budget movies I thought Arrow's Eaten Alive looked fantastic as did Grindhouse's BD of Corruption. I also own a number of Hammer titles on UK BD which look amazing such as The Reptile or the Mummys Shroud. I was also very happy with Shout! Factory's International Cut of Army of Darkness. I'm sure over the next few hours I can think of a whole lot more.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The first Elm Street, The Prowler, and Humanoids From The Deep all looked gorgeous to me. But maybe I was just especially blown away by those because it was earlier in the format and now I'm accustomed to it.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Congo (1995) from Warner is quite nice.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The Evil Dead trilogy looks great. I was impressed by Night of the Creeps. If you're region free, the Second Sight Re-Animator blu-ray is quite stunning. I still haven't had a chance to watch their recent TCM (40th Anniversary). I like the video for A Nightmare on Elm Street. The sequels...not so much. Halloween 2 and 3 look great. The Happinet Night of the Living Dead looks flawless with the exception of some cropping. I'm looking forward to checking out the Hellraiser Scarlet Box.