Best Masters Of Horror episode?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by KillerCannabis, Jan 28, 2006.

?

Favorite episode?

1. Incident On And Off A Mountain Road

10.3%
  2. Dreams In The Witch House

10.3%
  3. Dance Of The Dead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jenifer

17.2%
  5. Chocolate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Homecoming

6.9%
  7. Deer Woman

5.2%
  8. Cigarette Burns

34.5%
  9. Fair-Haired Child

1.7%
  10. Sick Girl

6.9%
  11. Pick Me Up

1.7%
  12. Haeckel's Tale

5.2%
  1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

cigarette burns

2. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

I'm cheating since I've only seen 7 out of the 12, but so far, Cigarette Burns is the best of the bunch and it's not even close.

I haven't seen Stuart Gordon's entry, though, which I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy.

3. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I've yet to see Homecoming and Deer Woman, but of the others Sick Girl is easily my favourite, and Dance Of The Dead is by far my least favourite.

4. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I picked Deer Woman because of the strength of Brian Benben's performance. Most of them have been really good, in my humble opinion.

5. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Most of them have seemed very mediocre to me, with the exception of Cigarette Burns, which I really enjoyed. Again, though, I still have 5 yet to watch.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am easy to convince, as I ended up with the DVD and a book with the short story in it. I can wait for a box set for the others, but I really want this one by itself. I can't wait to check out the extras.

I read LINK HAS SPOILERS here about sequences that were shot for the international release that didn't make the US DVD. I wonder if they are ever going to be made available. I think the story is perfect as is, but I would love to at least have the extra scenes as bonus features somewhere down the line. They are going to haunt me otherwise.

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Hmmm. That was a great article. Thanks for the link, OnebyOne. Yeah, so basically he shot 2 extra scenes. I wish they would have added them to the DVD as an extra. I liked the last segment were they mention the directors for the upcoming series of MOH 2. I think I read somewhere that Argento's Jenifer was going to have the restored scenes in it.

BY THE WAY, THERE ARE a BUNCH Of EASTER EGGS on the "Incident on and off" disc, here's how to find them:
    First, go to the DVD’s Main Menu and highlight the menu entry 'Play.' Now press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the 'Masters Of Horror' skull which will give you access to an outtake from the movie.
    Now go to the 'Extras' section and highlight the menu entry 'Main Menu' at the bottom of the screen. Press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control now and the skull will appear once again. Press the 'Enter' key now and you will see a clip in which producer Tom Rowe discusses the production design process for the movie.

Now, from the 'Extras' menu enter the 'Featurettes' section, highlight the menu entry 'Main Menu' at the bottom of the screen and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight another one of the 'Masters Of Horror' skulls. Now press 'Enter' and you will see an extra featurette on the movie’s visual effects.
    Now go back to the Main Menu and enter the 'Audio Setup' section of the disc. Here, highlight the menu entry reading 'Main Menu' at the bottom of the screen and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to once again highlight a 'Masters Of Horror' skull on the screen. Press 'Enter' now and you will get to see a video diary-kind of segment from the making of the movie.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  8. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I've only seen one Cigarette Burns, which was pretty good and reinforced my opinion that Carpenter should stop making movies and stick to shorts. I'm almost tempted to stop watching as nothing else is getting near the votes that CB has recieved.

9. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

OK, I've watched nearly all of them now, and I can tell you out of all of them, IMPRINT is easily the worst, it just plain out stinks. And wastes Billy Drago, an absolute crime. Much worse than Dance Of Death, which I thought was the worst.

10. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh no, not happy to hear that! :cry:

I haven't voted on this yet because it's just too damn hard for me to choose against any of my top three choices. Don't make me choose! :mad:

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That's just I said in another thread. Really, really terrible unless all you care about is gore because really that's ALL it has going for it. Billy Drago's performance made me wince far worse than the torture sequence.

12. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

What are your Top 3 choices?

13. Luna

Luna Guest

Dreams In The Witch-House
    Jenifer
    Incident On And Off A Mountain Road

I truly loved all of them though, except for Dance of the Dead. I have not seen Imprint yet.

14. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Same here, though I'd have Sick Girl in my top 3 and Dreams in the Witch House as number 5, behind C. Burns.

Incident
    Jenifer
    Sick Girl
    C. Burns
    Dreams in the Witch House.

The only one I disliked was "Homecoming"

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  15. Luna

Luna Guest

I toyed with putting Sick Girl in the top 3, but they can't ALL be top 3, even though I loved 'em all. :)

16. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I really enjoyed all of them, except for Dance Of The Dead, which I found to be okay save for the LAME editing...

As an aside, I just watched Imprint. I wasn't impressed at all, to be honest.

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Where did you see it (IMPRINT)? How come you disliked it? Could you give a small review on it; what it's about and etc. thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

You mean to tell me there are even worse episodes out there than the completely useless Chocolate? How could that be possible? Did I watch all the good ones first and now I have lame ass unpurposed crap like Chocolate to look forward to? I am truly scared now because oh my god I hated Chocolate. :nervous:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2006
  19. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Homecoming is probably the worst in my opinion, too political and not enough zombies, plus the idea is too silly. Zombies who vote? And it's way to talkative, which makes it boring.

The first 5 minutes were good though, after that, cover your eyes.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  20. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I actually enjoyed Homecoming. It could have been a tiny bit shorter but overall I had a good time watching it.

Chocolate on the other hand, bored me to tears. I hated, hated, hated it.

My favourite by far so far was Incident. I loved that one. Cool bad guy, a great heroine to cheer for, just really well done. I haven't seen all of the eps yet, but if the rest were even close to the quality of this ep, I'll be a happy camper.