Best of the Year

Discussion in 'General' started by David666, Dec 29, 2000.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Tobalrox, I saw REQUIEM at a film festival. It did have a short-lived theatrical run in theaters in the early fall. Probably be on cable and DVD soon.

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Hey Django, I loved BRING IT ON! That was a great movie!!

If we're talking strictly horror films, my favorite of the year is AMERICAN PSYCHO.

I liked THE CELL, but it wasn't really horror. More of a psychological thriller.

I did not find REQUIEM FOR A DREAM remotely scary or interesting. It seemed unintentionally funny and repetitive. I liked only the scene where Connelly and the other chick using the dildo! That was cool, but how could anyone find this disturbing?

Best DVD of the year in horror:
    THE BEYOND and NEKROMANTIK!

3. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

Must have been very short lived. I remember people saying they couldn't wait for it to come out, so I waited and waited, and just assumed it's released was delayed or something because I didn't hear a thing about it.

------------------
    "It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

4. JBENE

JBENE Guest

I still haven't seen everything that came out last year but grom what I did I'd have to say the

5. JBENE

JBENE Guest

I still haven't seen everything that came out last year but from what I did see I'd have to say the

Winners-GODZILLA 2000,FINAL DESTINATION,SCARY MOVIE,THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING,EXORCIST-VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN

LOSERS-AMERICAN PSYCHO,PITCH BLACK,HELLRAISER-INFERNO,BEOWULF,HOLLOW MAN,OCTUPUS,SUPERNOVA,THE CELL

6. ctyner

ctyner Member

TobalRox: Requiem only entered into limited release in the U.S. Unless you live in a pretty large city, it probably didn't play anywhere near you. It didn't even play in a single theater in my state -- I had to drive to Atlanta to see it.

------------------
    My DVD list | bigwolfoncampus.org

7. JBENE

JBENE Guest

You didn't see any commercials for REQUIEM is because it's Rated NC-17.I saw a small ad mat in the LA TIMES for the film

8. jeffschmidt

jeffschmidt Guest

Best Theater Release: American Psycho. The novel's a personal favorite & though the book is WAY better than the movie, this was about as good as we can get with a wide-release based on this subject matter.

Best DVD: Dusk Till Dawn SE. Great supplements, although Tarantino's commentary makes me want to kick his teeth in; damn, he's annoying! Rodriguez was much more engaging, but Quentin hogged the mike.

------------------
    "I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies