Best tales from darkside episode!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Sep 2, 2011.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

The devils advocate from second season 85. Great story. great make up. twist ending.. Loved stiller in this as mandrake.. I had this put on dvd-r cause the real dvds dont have the original music.. and believe it or not, the quality is better on my copy to dvd-r than the offical dvds that are out..:cool:

2. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

I've only seen about a dozen episodes from this series and that was probably 15 or so years ago, on the scifi channel I think? But what I do remember most was the feature film and the "Cat From Hell" segment. It was incredibly hysterical and terrifying at the same time.

3. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

"Seasons of Belief" from Season 3 is my fave.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

My three favorites are:
    The Pilot Trick or Treat
    Inside The Closet
    Monsters In My Room

5. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

This show was a staple of my childhood. I used to watch it religiously every saturday afternoon. I remember how the opening narration would always give me the creeps. Such a great show, it's so hard to pick one specific episode but for some reason "Snip Snip" from Season one has always stuck with me. That was a great episode. I'm the last person to champion Paramount with their constant Friday the 13th fuck-ups, but I'll always be grateful to them for releasing the individual seasons on DVD. I never thought they'd see the light of day as official releases. The Tales from the Darkside and Tales from the Crypt seasons are probably the most spun discs in my collection.

6. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I was always a big fan of Cutty Black Sow. I loved the show as a child and have watched many episodes in the marathons on Syfy.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

The movie...

8. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Don't know if I could pick a single episode.Among my favorites were....

TRICK OR TREAT-the pilot.Always loved Barnard Hughes (TRON,MR. MERLIN) as the baddie.

INSIDE THE CLOSET -Just a good,creepy outing with another actor I always liked,Fritz Weaver (CREEPSHOW,DEMON SEED).

HALLOWEEN CANDY-One of Tom Savini's early directing credits.

THE CUTTY BLACK SOW-A slow burner,with a very nice script by Michael McDowell (BEETLEJUICE).

DISTANT SIGNALS-A TWILIGHT ZONE style episode with KOLCHAK himself,Darren Macgavin.

SEASONS OF BELIEF-Another slow burner,very blackly comic,with a memorable payoff.

MISS MAY DUSA-A rarity for the series,a tragic love story,offbeat.

THE MOTH-A moody witchcraft tale with Debbie Harry (who later starred in the wraparound segment of the movie).Former Blondie guitarist Chris Stein did the score.

There were certainly some bad episodes and the low budget often showed through but at it's best it was a very fun little show.I miss it.

9. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

"A Case of the Stubborns" with a young Christian Slater. It's more funny than scary but I loved Eddie Bracken's ever-deteriorating makeup and the final shot is a great gross out.

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The two episodes I remember best are "Inside The Closet" and the one about an old couple who kill people and then make soup out of them in a hot tub. I haven't watched it since the 80s and have been meaning to pick up the sets for a long time.

11. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

One of my favorite shows, I narrowed it down to 6 picks-

The Last Car
    Ursa Minor
    Answer Me
    Cutty Black Sow
    Halloween Candy
    Anniversary Dinner

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    These 3 are probably mine as well. When SyFy ran them, I recorded them all and watched them. I didn't realize how many bad eps there were!!

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah I picked up the first season and with no nostalgia behind them dug into it. I was surprised at how bad most of the episodes were. Most of the stories weren't even horror related and even worse, some of the episodes surprise pay offs were either non existent or just not good at all.

There were a few good episodes though, my favourites being:

Trick or Treat
    A Case of the Stubborns
    Inside the Closet
    The Word Processor of the Gods
    In the Cards
    Anniversary Dinner
    Answer Me

The rest were just awful though! Like wtf was "If the Shoes Fit..."!? Or "Snip, Snip", or "The Tear Collector", or "The False Prophet"!? God, so many terrible episodes! Tales from the Crypt had some stinkers as well, but they were at least watchable, or made up for with the surprise ending. Episode on here were just ridiculously bad, and not in the fun way, and with no pay off, they just went nowhere. I have no clue how these scripts made it to air and money was actually spent on them.

Does this show get any better? If not, I may wait until I can find these for $10 or under. It sounds like there are some good episodes in the later seasons, but I don't want to have to go through the same dreck again to get to them.

14. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

The Odds with Tom Noonan and Danny Aiello.

I've lived in the episode. I even transcribed it into a script. I can't begin to discuss the levels of story they managed to fit into these 22 minutes. To me this is the paragon of anthology horror.

15. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

sad that when these were released on dvd, they changed all the original music.. Thats the worse thing they could do in movies and tv, I hate that. its all about rights and stuff. but id rather not see it at all on any format if its not gonna be original. Its sad. like greatest american hero on dvd looks really great. but has certain songs changed out. with generic ones..

16. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

The Grither. thats SSeasons of Belief right? That one scared the shit out of me as a kid.

17. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Right,that's SEASONS OF BELIEF,I just watched it again over Christmas.

18. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Yeah a lot of Darkside episodes really stink when I tried to watch them last. Used to be a big fan as a kid.

The episodes listed are some of the best, though. Love the monster in the closet one with Seth Green.

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet had a bunch of Paramount TV seasons for $3.49 each over the weekend. I grabbed the first two seasons of Tales From The Darkside with a 14% off promo code + free shipping + eBates. So for under $3 each, I think I did okay.

They also had all three seasons of Friday The 13th: The Series and all blu-ray seasons of Dexter (although most of the Dexter orders got cancelled, mine included). Probably should have grabbed the Friday The 13th seasons as well, but I've always found that show a bit tough to sit through. Oh well.

20. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

I always loved that monster in the closet episode, Scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.