Best Tarantino movie

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Oct 2, 2007.

?

vote

1. Pulp Fiction (1994)

60.0%
  2. Reservoir Dogs (1992)

15.0%
  3. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)

5.0%
  4. Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)

1.7%
  5. Death Proof (2007)

8.3%
  6. Jackie Brown (1997)

5.0%
  7. Kill Bill (1+2)

5.0%
  1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Volume 2 is unfortunately overlooked by many. I love its spaghetti western style and colorful cast of characters, many from the old school. I just wish Sonny Chiba was in both volumes. Brilliant performance from Carradine, would have to agree it is indeed his best!

Cool to see much more of Michael Madsen in Volume 2. The training scenes with Pai Mei (kung fu icon Gordon Liu) are also another highlight, along with the unforgettable trailer park duel between The Bride and Elle.

I still prefer to think of Kill Bill as one film. Who knows when we will finally get that ultimate director's cut...

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I concur with the folks that say Kill Bill vol. 2 was the superior film. Liu Chia Hui's sequence was worth the price of admission. Part 1 was mindless fluff IMHO.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I actually enjoyed that story, though I think that Rodriguez's segment with the two kids in the hotel room is the best.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I thought Kiva was the only amusing thing about it. "I want fries, you stupid jerks with your dumb, fucking ritual..."

Absolutely. No question there.
    Hey... the best thing he ever directed. :evil: :evil: :evil:

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Oh hell no. Planet Terror is the best thing he ever directed, followed by From Dusk Till Dawn. :D

6. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Mmmm.... From Dusk Till Dawn had so many flaws, though. The Misbehavors was so good for something so short. Made more than twice the impact in less than half the time.

As far as edgy, hip, quasi-independent films of the 1990's go.

7. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I will say that out of his 90s work, JACKIE BROWN is the only one that I find myself watching regularly.

I like both parts of KILL BILL, but vol. 1 I find myself always watching. Vol. 2 I enjoy, but don't really care for the last third of it.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

You take that back! :fire:

9. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I really like From Dusk Til Dawn. I rewatched that several weeks ago and had as much fun as the last time I saw it. I was introduced to the film around 2 AM, years ago, during a "free preview" of HBO or Cinemax or something. It's always been a fun ride for me... Not sure why some others pick it apart...?

10. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Hmmm... I must say that I find it impossible to watch the Kill Bill's as two seperate movies. It's one movie for me. Good one too!

11. I haven't seen Jackie Brown, but of the others, I voted for Reservoir Dogs. I think at one time I liked Pulp Fiction more than I ever liked RD, but after a few viewings I never really get the urge to watch it again. Same for his other movies--I enjoyed them at the time (except for Death Proof) but I don't know that I really need to see any of them again. I still like to put RD in from time to time.

I definitely think Tarantino is overrated. I also think he's a very talented filmmaker.

12. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

:D "Did they behave?" Best part of the movie aside from Roth's character

As to this Tarantino bashing, I have taken the stance that he really does not have an original idea, but man he can polish the hell out of one!!! I look at him as the king of the homage! How many "film-geeks" can pick out where hee ripped a scene!! I hear people say how they love how he took Dogs and chopped up the film showing ending and then go back to the begining,:rolleyes: (Hey watch Battle of Algiers!!) But as a film-geek, I love watching his movies and recognize stuff from other movies (Ha ha, thats from Lone Wolf and Cub!!! etc, etc) I also think his choice of music is great, love the music. If anything Tarantino is a patron saint (albeit a hygenically challenged one) to the obscure films that are lost without someone to point people towards.

For my favorite Tarantino, surprisingly, Jackie Brown has become one of my tops, with KB2 just after that. Being a Spaghetti Western fan, I enjoyed the tones of the picture and as many have said, it made Carradine the coolest man on the planet in that film!!

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--If anything Tarantino is a patron saint--

Really? Someone who parrots what others have done is a patron saint?

--that are lost without someone to point people towards--

To the masses perhaps, but to genre fans, it shouldn't be too difficult.