Best/Worst Slasher Screams?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by CrazyFatEthel, Jan 12, 2009.

1. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Best Screams:
    Jaime Lee Curtis- When she falls down the stairs in Halloween.
    Laurel Munson- When she is being chased upstairs at the end in Unhinged
    The Intiation- When the chick gets stabbed and she grabs the mic.

Worst Screams:
    My Bloody Valentine-When the chick in the beginning gets shoved into the pickaxe.
    Bloody Moon- When the chick gets her head cut off with a saw
    Night School-The Locker Room Scene

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Dana Kimmell has an excellent scream in Friday the 13th: Part 3 - her voice is very girlish, with a generous upper extension (don't ask me why, but I checked the pitch at the piano). I love the way she screams "no!" at Jason when he reaches out for her with an axe in his skull.

I also love Cecile de France's primal scream in Haute Tension when she kills the truck driver. It's almost like she tears it from her throat!

As much as I love Night School, I'll agree with you on the locker room scene. That chick couldn't even be bothered to scream - I'd almost say she deserved it!

3. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

"can't be alive!!" :eek:

i really like Olivia Hussey's screams in Black Chirstmas...
    Adrienne King's scream when she see Bill pinned to door is beautiful!!! :cool:

4. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

God,I love Dana Kimmell.She portrays an '80s-hot, frightened girl-next-door capable of kicking ass like no other horror heroine.

I like:

Intruder:The cashier Jennifer is embarking on the typical "find-your-costars-mutilated" trek through the empty supermarket. Elizabeth Cox's scream when Randy's (Sam Raimi) hooked corpse slams into her (dribbling blood from its mouth) is great .It gave me chills the first time I saw the murky bootleg VHS release,because its a long,gasping scream that ends with her choking on her own fear.

Friday The 13th Part VI:paula's(Kerry Noonan) frenzied screams when she reaches out to shut the blowing door and Jason backs her into the cabin.. it was funny the way he popped up and she started fanning her hands and screaming her head off just before he slammed the door,trapping her.You know she's in for a world of hurt.Too bad,she would have made a decent final Friday girl.

Chopping Mall:Allison's (Kelli Maroney)scream as she falls three stories in the Sherman Oaks Galleria mall and crashes onto the tent o' savings below.

The Burning:During the infamous Raft Massacre,Fisher Stevens'(Woodstock)howls of agony as his fingers are neatly snipped off by Cropsy's shears are great,and very natural.Funny that you don't exactly see him die,blood from his lost digits just splashes his face.His body turns up in the water later with its throat slashed,so i guess Savini and company felt they did enough on-screen tracheal mutilation for one film.

A few mentioned,notably Adrienne King's discovery of Bill,are fantastic as well.She's like:"AHHHHH!Bill!BILL!Noo!!AAAHHH!" Say what you want about Alice,but with lungs like those,the woman is a true scream queen.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  5. King Diamond

King Diamond Member

As far as best screams are concerned, you can't go without mentioning Marilyn Burns in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

6. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Most hilarious bad scream would be the girl in the shower in the movie within a movie CO-ED FRENZY from BLOW OUT. Best scream would be her replacement. "It's a good scream . . . good scream. . . "

7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Wow, this is amazing. I can't think of any.

You know one thing? I think Barbara Crampton's scream is terrible. Well, it was in the 80's.

8. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Just thought of another one,since good male screams are so rare:The mall security guard in The Initiation as the pronged garden fork is plunged into his torso.That one is so good,it could become the new "Wilhelm" film library scream.

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

That guy in the original WIZARD OF GORE was...amazing.

10. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Which guy?

11. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

Worst: Annie from Evil Dead II when Ash is pounding on the door from the outside. Gets a laugh from me every time.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, when she gets her hair grabbed, that one strikes me as the absolute best. Fuck, Olivia Hussey was a beautiful woman.

Although, I hated Adrienne King to no end. HORRIBLE actress. The only good scream she has is when she discovers Annie's body in the Jeep. Why couldn't Brenda have survived Friday the 13th? She was a much better actress. Oh and King's low point:

Bill: Think you're gonna last all summer?
    Alice: I don't know if I'm gonna last all week. (ARRGH always makes me cringe. She delivered that line SO badly!)

I always liked Heather Langenkamp's screams in NOES, and Sandra Cassel's screams in Last House were very realistic.

Melissa Sue Anderson was also a good 'lil screamer.

~Matt

13. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Memorable,a great scene.

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hahaha I forgot about that one. Her scream is hysterical. However, her replacement scream, knowing who it came from, is the most profoundly upsetting moment in the film.

~Matt

15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Amen.

16. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

This reminded me of Vince Van Patten in Hell Night. Hilarious!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  17. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

When Camille Keaton is being raped on the rock in I Spit on Your Grave.....ewww....that scream gives me shivers....its so powerful and so real....

And of course Susan Lanier in The Hills Have Eyes.....jesus, that went right through my head!

Worst screams for me would have to be Anne Ramsey (Elvira Parker) in Deadly Friend....soooo funny

And the fat lady from Critters 3......just awful!

18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Now THERE'S a real scream for ya. You want real? Women screaming in reality is not glamorous. I imagine most women would look really disgusting screaming in real life. It's also a very emotionally distraught thing to do. So, there would be a twisted, contorted facial expression, and most likely some disassociation with reality. They're not looking at you looking at them. Marilyn Burns in Texas Chainsaw is a good example because of how messed up her face is, especially the skin around her eyes, her eyebrows. Look at that closely. She's got like wrinkles of a woman 3 times her age in that scene at the dinner table. And for the emotional thing, Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween is a great example because she's whimpering and very realistically upset and not paying attention to anything.

So yeah, Susan's a great example because she's not attractive when she screams. And that's real.

She's an old woman. What did you think she'd sound like?

19. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I always thought that Aunt Alices screams in Alice Sweet Alice were pretty rough too...

20. For whatever reason, I find Kris' (Dana Kimmel) scream in Friday the 13th Part 3 during the start of the final reel, right after her boyfriend Rick (Paul Kratka) to by hysterically pathetic. Maybe it's the "deer-in-headlights" look she gives Jason as soon as she see's him, that always drives me into fights of laughter.

Gotta agree with many that Kamille Keaton's scream in I Spit on Your Grave is wonderfull brutal. VERY hard to beat. Please as good ol' Jamie Lee finds is scared by the sight of her recently deceased friends who's bodies she discovers in Carpenter's almighty Halloween is always pretty good. He being spooked by the scare of Paul's swinging remains is very effective for me.

Gotta say anything Marilyn Burns did during the final half of Hooper's classic Texas Chainsaw was also top notch.