Bevery & Ferd Sebastian's 'GATOR BAIT (1974) from Panama Films 11/6

Discussion in 'General' started by bruce h, Oct 18, 2012.

1. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Finally! Beverly and Ferd Sebastian's oft-requested Bayou-sploitation epic 'GATOR BAIT (1974) makes its way to DVD, self-released by the couple as Panama Films. Claudia Jennings stars as Desiree, a Daisy Duke'd swamp-girl supporting her kinfolk by poaching mud critters. During one outing, she runs into the local sheriff and redneck deputy, who attempt to have their sweaty way with her. Tables soon turn, innocents get shot, and it's water-soaked revenge time as the hillbilly hunting party meets deep-fried Southern justice.

Pre-order:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009R68H80&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/sO420_tW8mQ

[​IMG]

2. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've got Gator Bait on VHS. Fun movie, but I probably won't upgrade. It's still plays perfectly, and I really don't watch the movie very often.

Definitely going to grab Gator Bait 2 though! I actually prefer it to the first film, so I'm not sure why I don't own that one on VHS.

The SRP is super low and it comes with bonus features, so even if it is just a VHS rip it should be a solid buy.

I hope the "English & Espanol" isn't on the actual cover though, it makes it look super cheap.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Gotta agree... I liked Gator Bait 2 more than the original also.

Running Cool is pretty awesome from what I remember, so I may go ahead and pre-order that one.

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Awesome news & will be in my list for a definite buy.

But like the Iron Man 3 thread, wrong forum. Better suited for other movies. This section should be horror related, just my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  6. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Claudia Jennings, I'd sell my soul to Satan himself for just one hour with her. Talent with a capital T...

Please for the love of God tell me Rocktober fucking Blood is making its way way onto DVD (hopefully not VHS transfer?). Dear God...I beg of you.

Man, Panama Films announced the Sebastian catalog to be released like 10 years ago to be sold exclusively at truck stops. Haha...thank God they are finally starting to release these.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

All three releases will be mine!

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

are you gonna order them through amazon.com? the $13 shipping per item really sucks. or do you have another plan? think they'll come to amazon.ca?

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

$13 per item? When did this start? Holy cow. :fucked:

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Shipping wasn't $13 per item... But it was $13 for the whole order, plus import fees ($5) which always get refunded after they go through without getting dinged at customs, which happens on all my Amazon US orders.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Rocktober Blood on DVD would be like a dream come true. The rare soundtrack LP is a prize of my collection! :evil:

12. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

In my opinion Running Cool is the greatest biker movie ever made... have waited YEARS for this!

13. CPT HOOK

Rocktober Blood would be great!

I do plan on buying Gator Bait II, but I'm going to wait for reviews. PQ, extras, DVD or DVD-R, etc. The $9.99 SRP makes me nervous about exactly what I'll be getting.

If I like what I hear, I'll probably blind-buy Running Cool as well.

14. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Boogens, Hauntedween, Gator Bait.. my most wanted dvd/bluray list is gonna look pretty slim by years end.

15. Chomp

I received my copies today. They are DVD-r's and full screen....at least Gator Bait is anyways. Good news though, its not a VHS transfer...actually looks pretty good. Looks likes there is compression issues though...I see some pretty obvious artifacting. Ah well....at least they were inexpensive.

Goddamn Claudia Jennings in that skimpy outfit...makes my peepee harder than a ten pound bag of nickel jaw breakers.

Interesting extras...hope you are comfortable with Jesus talk.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  16. CPT HOOK

Thanks Chomp, I was actually just coming here to ask about these.

Most curious about Gator Bait 2. Suck that they are DVD-Rs, but fortunately they are reasonably priced, unlike most of the other studios.

17. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

Can I ask you to post some screen captures? I really want to see how they look before ordering them as I would have to import them from the US wich is kind of costly for us.

18. Chomp

Yeah I can post screen caps tomorrow, unless someone else beats me to it. I watched the “Making of Gator Bait” featurette, which is actually just a Q&A with Beverly and Ferd, but in it they state the transfer was taken directly from Paramount’s vaults. So its my thinking that it was shot for Full Screen seeing as it was made for Paramount Home Video?….but I was always under the impression Gator Bait was shown in theaters as I have a theatrical one sheet and IMDB states it was shot in 1.85 : 1? Not sure how accurate that is though? I really wish they would have elaborated more on the transfer. But yeah…other than the artifacting, I thought the transfer looked pretty good.

I also noticed on the cover, someone with lousy Photoshop skills tried enhancing Claudia Jennings bust size…there’s a faint “shadow mark” under the right breast that looks obviously fake and so obviously out of place. I have two Gator Bait video posters and that line doesn’t exist on either of them…believe me I know every single line and crevice on that image. As a kid, I used to just stare for minutes on end at the VHS cover during every trip to the video store.

19. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

They can be right on this. Unless I'm wrong the film are always shoot Open matte and the theatre projector does the correct framing.

I just notice what you say about the cover zooming it and it's sure a badly done job :lol:

and please tell me the english and espanol line isn't on the front cover...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  20. Chomp

Unfortunately yeah…it’s a hideous layout design.

Fuck, I didn’t even think of it being open matte. Ha….to tell ya the truth, I think you are right because there is really no evidence of Pan & Scan.