Beyond The Darkness Blu-ray: 7/27/10

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zombi3, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

From what I can see it´s DNR free with all the 16mm grain intact :)

2. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

my demons 3 disc freezes and jumps alot in the last 30 minutes. does anyone know if this was a pressing error or just a botched dvd?

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Looks pretty nice actually.

4. Steel76

No problems with my Demons 3 disc, on any of the players I had since I bought it. A friend of mine who also owns it never had any issues either.
    So I´m guessing it´s a pressing error.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah, Blu Ray looks pretty good, and at least the 25 sec. is technically included as a deleted scene since it's on the included DVD. How bad is the audio though? Is it really that out of sync and high pitched? Hard to tell from what I've read. If it's that bad I'll just stick to the DVD.

And personally if it comes down to including inferior footage or deleting the footage outright, I would rather have the shift in quality, although I may be alone in this stance as I know some prefer to watch My Bloody Valentine without the extra gore due to the quality shift.

Speaking of MBV though, Why can't Media Blasters just include both versions like what Lion's Gate did with the MBV disc? It wouldn't cost much more money as you'd be able to fit both versions on a 50gb disc, or on a 25gb disc with seamless branching.

Kind of worried that it sounds like from now on all MB's Blu Ray releases will be missing footage, with Zombi 3 being the next release that will be missing several scenes from it.

"Now as for the opening sequence, that was on the negative. There were different opening sequences and credits depending on the materials you look. We could have tried to splice in inferior footage but it would look like crap. On a blu-ray I can not do that, DVD like zombi 3, ok but not a blu ray. Infact we will be announcing zombi 3 soon and I know some of those scenes we got on vhs will not be there. We will have to deal with it."

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...t-beyond-darkness-arrives-may-3-2011-a-8.html

One small unnecessary scene is one thing, but if there are going to have to be several cuts to the film to put it on Blu Ray, why bother!?

6. Steel76

The disc have arrived!!

I just scanned through it, and I was really surprised about the sharpness and finedetails :)
    Looking at the screenshots, it looked like it was going to be pretty soft like "Dorm...", but except for a couple of soft shots here and there, it´s looking pretty damn awesome!
    Beware though that the opening credits scen look pretty mediocre.

The print is much cleaner than the one used for the DVD, and in comparision the DVD feels more like an old rotten VHS copy now ;)
    Also the sound is clearer on the BD. Didn´t notice any problems with it so far.

I´ll be back with more comments when I finish it tonight :)

7. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

So is Burial Ground still set for a 6/8 release? That means it would come out before Zombie Holocaust which was announced way before.

Also I talked with the MB guys at Chiller last month and asked if a Zombi 3 blu ray was planned and they said "yes and also one for part 4".

8. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Deep Discount shows 6/28 now.
    I'm usually patient with these smaller companies but MB is really starting to annoy me.I've already been refunded for Zombie Holocaust which is now supposed to come mid June but who knows.

9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Does the Blu-Ray come with a slipcover?

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

got my zombie holocaust blu today , so maybe burial ground will follow shortly

11. rhett

rhett Administrator

Damn...Burial Ground too? I need me some Peter Bark in HD. Mama!

12. cjg

cjg Active Member

After over a year that its been in my cart Amazon shipped it, will have it by Friday.

13. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Good grief!!!! Had this a while now. Dont expect too much from it though. why the wait I wonder?

14. j tea

j tea New Member

Lucky. That movie is great, especially the 'stew' scene.

15. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

huh, I got mine right when it came out. of course I'd also pre-ordered it a couple of months in advance. :)

16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Anyone pick up the new Austalian blu? Curious about PQ.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just ordered the new Severin blu-ray. DeepDiscount currently has it for about $17 (50% off the SRP of $34.99). I imagine Severin's website will have a black Friday sale, but if I remember correctly their shipping rates are pretty steep.

I've actually never seen the movie! I used to see the trailer on Shriek Show DVDs and it kind of grossed me out. I even have the Shriek Show DVD in a $15 triple pack with House At The Edge Of The Park and Delirium, all of which I have on blu-ray now. I'm kind of excited to finally check it out. It looks like demented fun.

18. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to watching the 88 Films disc from the indiegogo campaign. This is definitely a case where hype is justified. What a depraved flick. This is one of the few films I've seen where the gore is disgusting rather than amusing. Not all of the effects are great, but some of them are really nasty. I thought the movie itself was solid, too, kind of surprising considering the rest of D'Amato's output. It's an interesting mix of a lot of different taboos, and legitimately disturbing. A lot of the most gruesome Italian flicks have a cheesy element that makes me laugh, but this was more of a Cannibal Holocaust-like situation where I ended up feeling like I needed to take a shower.

I have a feeling this film could put a lot of ordinary people in therapy. That eating scene alone is one of the nastiest things I've ever seen in a movie. Truly stomach-churning.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one was pretty disgusting, especially in the first half. Great atmosphere, loved the castle on the hill setting. It's pretty fun in spurts, I especially liked the scene where he is making out with the jogger just feet away from his dead fiance. But overall, it was a little clunky and slow in parts. I'm glad I finally saw it though. It might grow on me with time.

I love how nonchalant the lead actresses are about the movie's content in their interviews. And they both mention having a brief fling with the lead actor during the filming. Kind of funny, I wonder if they knew he was hooking up with both of them?