Beyond the Door Best Buy DVD Exclusive Edition

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by eric_angelus, Dec 13, 2008.

1. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

Cannot wait for SCREAM, when I was about 14 we went to the mall and saw it at the movies!

2. krugerkid13

krugerkid13 Guest

I completly understand what your talking about codered. I for one am not upset with the double disc release. I get that the film was causing your great company to loose money and if that mean doing a pointless second disc to keep it going then by all means. I would much rather know that codered will be there in the future to release more of our favorite lost video treasures then to get upset over a vhs transfer. Keep up the good work.

On a side note its not like paramount or anchor bay who release fifty damn editions for one or two movies juyst because they know the fanbase is there to exploit the true fans who must own every edition of there favorite movie. This is the little guy struggling to stay afloat.

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    What is the "O Card"? I got my DVD from DVDPlanet.com but I don't have any inserts. Thanks :)!

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah I have no clue what it means either. Is it just a slip card with an alternate poster? Anyone want to put up any pics of it?

5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

An O-Ring is that slip that the DVD goes in. Think of Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare's slip cover, BU's Maniac slip cover...Not like the Anthropophagus cover, just, something to pull over.

Ugh, I suck at explaining.

6. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i've bought the Beyond The Door release almost immediately (like Doom Asylum, The Dead Pit and Boardinghouse) and am quite pleased with it and the way it was put together

i really don't care if there is an exclusive 2nd disc somewhere and almost never listen to audio commentaries, first concern is uncut status and good A/V quality (and, to be honest, subtitles for those who don't have English as a first language is always a plus :)

oh well, just wanna say : Code Red, you're doing a fine job to me!

7. wago70

NO, not at all. I'm happy to say, that I have an "O" Card! :D

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Dood! That's awesome! I definitely did not think that flick would ever make it to DVD. Hi-Def? Forgetta 'bout it - I'm in!

9. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

I have do have to say that the o-card for this one is great as it doesn't match the cover for the dvd, something which I've always thought was a little redundant, like when they had long boxes for dvds in the eighties. This one has a poster for the film that I'd never seen before, and it's one of the best posters I've seen. It's worth looking for.

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I saw plenty of the Beyond the Door "2 Dics Special Edition" tonight at Best Buy. I couldn't bring myself to double dip on it though for $20.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about the disc content itself. Nor am I blaming you for taking money however you can get it. I also see it as Best Buy's job to market it properly, which of course they never do.

Yeah, that's all I'm asking. We're all behind you on this stuff, remember that. Just think of us at HorrorDVDs.com as giving constructive criticism; in the most arrogant way we know how. :evil:

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Most fanboys are anal SOBs who should never be listened to by anybody under any circumstances. They are jokes and need to get lives. The End.

13. wago70

Going to Best Buy after work...and I'm gonna look for this and get it. :)

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That would be a Christmas miracle. :D

15. wago70

Darn - they didn't have it. ditto for Night of the Comet. :(

16. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

O.K., so the Best Buy here doesn't stock Beyond the Door, I asked and was told "online only".
    So I order from them, and not only am I forced to do that in the first place, they don't offer store pick-up on this disc, so I get hit with shipping (and tax, no other website taxes me).
    So today I get a call from Best Buy. The disc was sent to the fucking store. I think I got my shipping back, but am so annoyed by the whole thing.
    Then I get home and open it, single fucking disc!
    Fuck Bestbuy.com, I will never order from those worthless imcompitent fucks again.

I love Code Red, but get out of bed with BB if possible as they suck massively.

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Typical Best Buy — they constantly screw up everything and their employees are the dumbest shits imaginable at this store.

At least I was able to exchange my Blade Runner 5-disc Blu-ray without a receipt there after Christmas...and that third exchange was thankfully the charm. Warner Bros. can kiss my ass too!!! :lol:

18. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Best Buy's in store pickup is useless. A month ago I ordered Supernatural Season 2 for in store pick up because they gave it as an option. They also said it was in stock at the store I picked. Two hours later I got an email telling me in store pick up is no longer available. I naturally assumed that the last copy had been bought recently. Nope, they had several on a sale display when I went in. Whoever took the order probably only checked the TV on DVD shelf and couldn't be bothered to check out back or anywhere else in the store to follow up even though their computer said they had copies for sale. SOBs!

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

What's wrong with the Blade Runner Blu Ray Set?

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

A recent repressing of it duplicated the disc content of disc 1 and 5. The first disc is correctly labelled as "The Final Cut" but actually has the Workprint disc content pressed on it. So basically, you get two copies of disc 5.

You can view the customer reviews over at Amazon, as a ton of people are getting the incorrect sets. If you are buying it, it's best to look for the thicker-case original pressing, and not the HD-Slim case repress.