BIG NEWS FOR UNIVERSAL MONSTER FANS - Frankenstein Legacy Set!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Lyle Horowitz, Dec 31, 2003.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Well, the Universal R1 set that's out there does have the Spanish version. Where did this rumor come from that it didn't??

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

The US box set, with 8 discs, does have the Spanish DRACULA version, as it includes the same OOP US disc that was sold on its own. The 4-disc coffin box set (still has all 8 movies) that I linked to, however, is from Brazil, and while still R1, it does not have the Spanish version. Still, for the price, I don't think it's too big of a deal (although I haven't seen the differences with my own eyes, so I can't say for sure).

3. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Ah, okay, I have to specify US Universal R1 box set. Sheesh! ;)

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well all the information I've read of the U.S. boxset online doesn't list the Spanish version.

That's cool if it does, but I had been lead to believe untill now without contradiction that the Spanish version was not on it.

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well I just checked the disc to make sure the keepcase wasn't lying, and the Spanish version is definitely on there.

6. Horrorfan

Horrorfan New Member

I think this is a very interesting collection. Even if there are no extras the price alone makes this a steal.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Stole this from Digital bits:

Now here's the really great news! On April 27th, you'll get the Dracula: The Legacy Collection, a 2-disc set which will include Dracula (1931), Dracula: Original Spanish Version and Dracula's Daughter on Disc One, with Son of Dracula and House of Dracula on Disc Two.

Also streeting on that day will be the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection, another 2-disc set including Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein on Disc One, with Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein on Disc Two.

Not done yet - you'll also see the 2-disc The Wolf Man: The Legacy Collection on 4/27, which will include The Wolf Man and Werewolf of London on Disc One, and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman and She-Wolf of London on Disc Two. The SRP on each of these collections will be $26.98.

Finally, 4/27 will also see the release of The Monster Legacy Gift Set 6-disc set (SRP $79.98), which will include all three of the above Legacy collection discs, along with collectible Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolf Man figurines in a boxed set.

We'll have full DVD cover art soon for all of these new Monster sets, but the small thumbnails above should do in the meantime. We don't know if the previously released titles are going to have the same extras as before, but we'll post any additional details regarding bonus material when it comes in. We do know that the packaging for these releases will be Digipaks with outer boxes, and that all of the films will be in their original full frame aspect ratios with audio in Dolby Digital 2.0 mono. All of this is timed to coincide with the release of Van Helsing to theaters.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Great news, but of course, nothing there for those that have them already. I guess the Mummy, Creature from the Balck Lagoon, Invisible Man and Phantom of the Opera don't yet warrant a rerelease :(

9. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

I just hope they keep these in print for everyone to enjoy.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2004
  11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, the figurines wouldn't be enough to make me buy them again. But I hope you all get - and enjoy - these films.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Of the original DVD's do any of the sequels have any extras on their discs? Besides Bride of Frankenstein.

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Only the "core" titles had extras. Frankenstein, Bride, Woflman, Mummy, Phantom, Creature, Dracula. Most of the rest had the trailers - but that was it.

Honestly, I suspect these new releases will be exactly the same with different packaging, hence the lack of interest to those who have grabbed them before.

14. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

I'm actually really pissed off about this new re-packaging. I;ve already got the existing Dracula DVDs, Wolfman and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, and I'm going to have to re-buy films I already have to get House of Dracula and the 'wolf of london' films? This really stinks, Universal put these sets together with no consideration for those of us who had (some of) their previous releases. Heck, they've even put them in digipacks so the packaging doesn't match. Unthoughtful gits.

If anybody out there has the Werewolf double bill and wants to shift it to get this new set, I'm interested in it.

15. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This is probably one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on this forum. Do you realize that you will be able to buy one of these sets for around $20, maybe less in some stores? That's less than what it cost to buy one of the original DVDs when they first came out. I'd be thankful they are so cheap, they could easily have been $50 or more, because of how many films are included.

I do agree that they could have released House of Dracula by itself, for those who already have the original releases, but this is good for people that missed them the first time around.

17. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

I'm in the UK, prices don't work the same here for importing things as they do buying them in the states. Thanks for calling me stupid for having a differing opinion to you; maybe one day I can return the favour when you say something I disagree with first. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know. I didn't say YOU were stupid, I just thought you were complaining for the hell of it. No hard feelings. :)

19. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The House of Dracula thing is bad - but as stated, it's $20.

As for Wolfman of London - an excellent excellent film by the way - if you want to complete your original set, it's real easy to get it on ebay, or amazon.com (look at secondhand).

20. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Werewolf of London you mean? Watched it today, good film.