Big screen horror in October

Discussion in 'General' started by Roythe13th, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Roythe13th

Roythe13th New Member

I love watching horror in a theater, especially at midnight screenings. You usually have more hardcore fans there rather than dumb teens constantly on their cell phones. October seems to be the month where most art house/repertory theaters show the classics on the big screen so I wanted to start a thread about what is playing near you in October. Either at midnight or at any other special screening. This list could help out if you want to make a special trip or it is playing near you and you didn’t know it or maybe you will be passing through that city on that night and it would be something fun to do. I will be in Chicago for a few days in mid October and just learned about the Music Box Massacre that is taking place for 24 hours on October 13/14th. I want to check it out for a few hours, at least to see “Halloween 3” on the big screen. I’m in central KY and this is what October looks like here.

Kentucky Theatre. Lexington KY: All at midnight.

October 5th: Evil Dead 1
    October 12th: Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    October 19th: The Shining
    October 26th/ 27th: Rocky Horror Picture Show

Baxter Avenue Theater. Louisville KY: All at midnight.

October 6th: Creature From the Black Lagoon (3D)
    October 13th: The Birds
    October 20th: Suspiria (Cannot wait for this!!!!)
    October 27th: Evil Dead 2 Dead by Dawn

2. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

A local art house theater is having a small marathon October 12/13. Here's what's on the docket:

An American Werewolf in London
    The Shining (1980)
    Black Sheep
    The Lost Boys
    Jeepers Creepers
    Evil Dead II
    The Thing (1982)
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Not sure how Black Sheep and Jeepers Creepers got on that list but I'm psyched to see Evil Dead 2 and The Thing on the big screen.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

There is a screening (digital) of POLTERGEIST in Virginia Beach,VA. in early Oct(I think there was a thread about this within the past couple of weeks).Also,a double feature of HALLOWEEN 4 &5 will run at the Pembroke 8 theater in Virginia Beach on the 30th ,I think.(I'd check that date,though).

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Try to go to ALL the screenings near you. I love retro screenings...makes me realize how much I took the movie-going experience back in the day for granted. Especially since I stopped current movie-going for a few years now.