Biggest turn off

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Jul 19, 2009.

?

vote

1. "Based on true story"

6.5%
  2. Rated PG-13

51.9%
  3. Remake

39.0%
  4. Sequel

2.6%
  1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

like the fog,wicker man,when a stranger calls,prom night and now the stepfather and nightmare on elm street naaa just kidding with nightmare hopefully

2. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Lmao, I think my heart stopped when you put NOES!!! :lol:

3. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

Tough choice here...but I'll go with PG-13 slightly over bad remakes . As much as I have been disappointed in certain remakes, I have seen far more pathetic PG-13 horror releases. Hell maybe we should have a choice to mark "PG-13 remakes". That would be my choice. With recently made revisions of The Fog, When a Stranger Calls, The Uninvited, Prom Night, Shutter, and Wicker Man, I feel sick at the mention of PG13 reimages coming to the big screen.

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

remake = I will not pay for it

5. SO very true, my good man. Hell, didn't anyone learn they're lesson after the orignial Lutz family from Long Island of "The Amityville Horror" fame mostly (except for a few insane minded family members) recanted most of they're story (I believe)?

6. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

PG-13 for me. It makes me think there was some involvement from people that has nothing to do with the movie artistically in order to get more bucks.

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Remakes,it just screams "we're all out of ideas".

8. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I'm gonna go out on a limb and seem old timey by saying I hate the glossy big budget look of horror films these days. The music video lighting, etc. Cameras, filters, lenses, digital intermediates, cg are WAY to sophisticated these days. What does this have to do with the look of horror? I don't need horror to be beautiful, I just need it to be scary. I'm not saying abandon mood... but the visceral impact of the original TCM or what Rob Zombie tried to achieve in Devil's Rejects... that's what's missing.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

10. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Gotta go with the pg-13 rating. At least 40% of the remakes are actually good, i.e. Hills Have Eyes, My Bloody Valentine, and The Last House on the Left.

11. Buio_Omega

Buio_Omega Guest

Well, all of the mentioned are annoying, but I hate remakes the most.
    Recent remakes just simply killed the primary mystery of the first version (Halloween), either being just stupid and "fast forwarded" version of early saga (Friday the 13th) or just the same film (Funny Games). Modern effects aren't my favourite as well, I prefer films made by human beings, not computers.

12. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

I think is for me pg 13 movies because is soft movies for teenager girls in this rating. Is to put young good looking people in this movies and is for fashion and who is popular not for horror. I think horror movie need to be unrated because is some times for even rated R movies is soft and is cut many things. In unrated is to show the horror and in rated R is to show edit horror and pg 13 is to show what clothings is now current to sell in Old Navy.
    Is also annoy when I see a horror movie and is hot womens and is none become naked because is not only to wait for good killing effects but also to break tensions to show the tits. Some times is even worst because is maybe a hot womens in the movie and is expect to see the tits and is show naked guys and many to even catch a look to the penis. I think should be warning in the poster to say this movie has no tits and show you full frontal penis or men ass.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  13. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

PG-13. The most annoying thing the MPAA created. I used to get pissed when a new movie was coming out that I was interested in (and one you knew either should have good violence or nudity/profanity) and it ended up being rated PG-13. I would immediately lose interest.

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I went with remakes. There's nothing more irritating than having to place a number at the end of every flick to specify what version you're talking about. Plus it's ground that has already been walked on. You wanna revisit? Do a sequel!! Most remakes basically are anyways.

As for PG-13, while a lot are shit, I think they can be great. The Ring comes to mind. I mean, horror films aren't all about swearing, nudity and gore. At least, not for those who truly know the genre. For nutty reviewers like Ebert and Siskel, that's what they think/thought about all of us, but there's more to style, atmosphere, character attacment, subtle audio and visual astonishments in horror.

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

None of those really turn me off from a movie, because I can tell right away, no matter whether any or none of those factors are contributing, if I'm going to like the movie or not just from my reaction to the story or trailer.

If I had to vote for one, it be 'Rated PG-13', not because of the rating (who cares if it's not R-rated, if it does it's job at successfully entertaining and telling a story, it's a worthwhile movie), but it'd be more inclined to vote for it if it said "Rated PG-13 with a core PG-13 audience".

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

What are you trying to say there Guy? I don't know my shit? :lol:

17. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

You do realize the Ring was 7 years ago, not to mention Hollywood had to look at Japan to remember out how to do it right. It's just not worth paying 13 bucks to sit in a theater surrounded by a bunch of chatting teenagers in hopes you will see the one good pg-13 horror that comes out every 7 years. It would be fine if these films were mature films that relay on style, atmosphere, character development, subtle audio and visual astonishments. If you truly know the genre you already know that 90% aren't like that. They usually star the latest WB teeny booper of the month and have a ton of cheap jump scares. They are geared towards 13 year olds.

18. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

I hate remakes with a passion!

19. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I'm quite tired of the pg-13 trend, especially when it becomes terribly obvious that it was only done for profit, i.e. when we hear about cuts that were made early on, or 'Oh, see this in theaters, AND save your pennies for the real, R rated DVD, kiddies!'.

20. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I really think they should expirement on releasing two version of a film in theaters when the movie has been obviously cut to cater to the bottom line. A pg-13 version for teens and an R rated version for Adults.