Bikini Island & Video Dead on Netflix Streaming.

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by booper71, Oct 3, 2010.

1. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

the slasher (bow and arrow killer) flick Bikini Island and The Video Dead are on netflix streaming. Other VHS exclusives are as well if you look deep enough.:banana:

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

Nice. Still haven't seen The Video Dead. I'm thinking of using up a one month free trial...what other VHS exclusives can I look to find on there?

3. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

It isn't on netflix Canada Rhett.The selection is really poor so far.Most of the titles available are what you would find in the Zellers dump bins on DVD.They have very few older horror titles.Most of their movies are from the mid 2000's.They are promising to expand their library but for now they aren't offering much.

4. Vance Vandy

Vance Vandy Member

Thanks for the post! Video Dead is one I still need to see!

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'm loving Netflix streaming as of late. Two of my personal favorites, Blood and Lace and The Initiation of Sarah, were both recently added with gorgeous prints. I had only ever seen the former via shitty looking, slightly cut versions, so to see it undedited and looking terrific was a great surprise. The latter is the best of the Carrie rips and looked equally great. In fact, I actually like it more than the De Palma film. I also finally caught up with Stuart Gordon's long OOP The Pit and the Pendulum on there, as well as finished off the Curse series with Catacombs.

6. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

OK, I just added those two to my list, but I find it kind of dubious that a made for TV rip-off of Carrie could be better than De Palma's horror masterpiece!

7. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Hey, I didn't say it was better, just that I like it more! ;)

8. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Ah, OK. Understood.

9. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  10. Vortex

Vortex Member

You just convinced me to finally pull the trigger on a Netflix account. I've been after Blood & Lace for as long as I can remember. If I woulda known it was available for streaming I'd have pulled that trigger a long time ago. Initiation of Sarah sounds familiar. I probably saw it on TV if it ever reaired. I wasn't old enough to see it in 78. I thought Gordon;s Pit and Pendulum stunk up the joint though. That dude who played the Castle Freak can't act. Do you know any other good streaming picks available?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  11. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

^ Blood and Lace was actually just added recently as I said in my post. Anyway, aside from the ones mentioned in my post, they also have Panga, aka Curse III: Blood Sacrifice. I love that one, and it's yet another stunning print. I've come across several others that I intend to watch soon, stuff like Monster Dog and Dark Tower, neither of which I've seen.

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I was just over there, and they've added Jaws of Satan, aka King Cobra as well. I also forgot to mention Spellcaster before, which is very much worth seeing.

13. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

14. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

They've added Burn, Witch, Burn! I've also found the overlooked Australian film, Encounter at Raven's Gate, and Gary Sherman's Lisa, which has been playing on MGM HD as well.

15. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

Twins of Evil is now available.

16. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I watched "Video Dead" on netflix just recently and deemed it one of the most boring inaccessible films to watch - unless you're doing something else - ever.

17. Vortex

Vortex Member

Just watched this recently for the first time and couldn't agree more. It's a sad day when that pile gets a better release than The Initiation of Sarah.

On the other hand, also watched Twins of Evil recently and will be getting Synapse's release. Quality Hammer.

Never got around to checking out Spellcaster.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I do like The Video Dead, but I'm surprised that everyone is talking about that and not Bikini Island.

It's an incredibly fun slasher film, and the follow-up Last Dance is even better.

19. Vortex

Vortex Member

Last Dance was pretty decent. I was surprised to see such a high rating for it on IMDB. I enjoyed the film, but not quite that much, haha.

20. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Spellcaster is not very good. It moves faster than Video Dead, if you're going to complain about such a clever, interestingly genre-bending film. It has some random nobodies (well, they're nobodies to me) and then Bunty Bailey (because it's Empire Pictures and they did Stuart Gordon's Dolls, which she was in) and Richard Blade (who played a VJ in every movie I've seen him in- so I assume he was one in his professional career). And Adam Ant, who's just a lot better here than Thomas Dolby was in Rockula, though that's essentially what he's doing there. But he's only in the movie for about 3 minutes. It's basically a one-by-one movie about people dying in weird ways in a mansion because the Devil is sacrificing people, using their greed against them. Interesting idea, blah execution.