Blind Dead Boxset release date!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

This Blue Underground 5-DVD Boxset (ltd.to 15.000 pcs.) will be released on 27th of September.Retail price is only $100,but ofcourse you can find it much cheaper.
    From Sendmemovies.com (http://tinyurl.com/dalze) :

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

"Retail price is only $100" That's a laugh. $25 per disc is $5 more than the usual SRP of BU discs. Bonus discs are supposed to be exactly that and not increase the cost. They're supposed to be free incentives to buy. Sure, you can buy it for $60, but that's what the SRP should be anyways.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  3. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I agree Maybrick, it's a bit pricey especially when you point out the MSRP compairison. That being said, I will stick pick this set up because I enjoyed the first Blind Dead film, I want to see the others and I am confident BU will do a good job. I'm just wondering if being "uncut" can make the 2nd film in this series actually enjoyable. :p

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Dang! I know I'll buy it anyway, even though I haven't even seen any of these before. They've gotten so many glowing recommendations from just about everyone on the site that I feel I'd be a fool not to check them out.
    But yeah, I agree on the pricing!!!! Yikes. I hope I can find it for $50...that's one big blind buy.

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I only seen the 1st one!
    So I get to see the rest for the 1st time and in Spanish.

6. Crystal Plumage

I've only seen the first one.Heavily cut AND Pan & Scan!
    Only things you see are people arguing and some knights in slo-mo!
    I really didn't enjoy it....and I hope some of you can convince me these are worth it.
    But with all release that ARE worth it (IMHO ofcourse :)) I think I'll skip first and wait for seperate releases.

7. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

This is going to be an awesome set, I think. I have a copy of the Tombs of the Blind Dead Anchor Bay disc that came out a few years back. Great, great stuff, especially when the Templars are on screen. Definitely getting added to my collection.

8. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

I enjoyed the first 2. Parts 3 and 4 aren't that good. I will buy them, the series is worth it.

9. Funktion

Funktion Member

I'll surely buy the set (I'm a fan of the series), but I must say this is one expensive release... :eek2:

10. Crystal Plumage

$60 at Sendmemovies.com.
    $60 for 4 DVDs (+1 bonus DVD) isn't expensive..
    I think it will be even cheaper at Deep Discount.

11. killit

killit Active Member

Ha, yeah i love the first one, the third one, and I hear night of the seagulls is awesome. Something about two is just not fun to watch. I'll probably just rent 'em though.

12. rhett

rhett Administrator

It should be a great set. I've been holding off getting these for quite some time, waiting for this announcement. I really want to see them, but I'll wait for the best possible versions of them from BU. I wonder what else they will be releasing this fall?

13. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

September just keeps getting more and more expensive. Definitely picking this up when available though. A store near here has the AB double feature disc, but I keep passing on it to wait for this set.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I don't think I've ever seen any of these, to be honest. That is pricey though (though I don't expect this was a cheap set to put together). At that price I'll get it, but the rush to have it right away has gone. I'll put it on the back burner and wait for the best possible discount.

15. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

great news. $100 retail? seems steep these days. of coarse, i think back to 98 or 99 when i bought TCM and holloween for $40 a peice at the mall. after all, i live in a crummy area and at the time, i couldnt order dvds online and there was no best buy or circuit city. ive seen the first one (AB disc) and it was alright. it was boring at first, but when the dead got involed it held my intrest. im not going to jump on this, but i could buy it by the time the next DDD sale happens.

16. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I will be preordering this. This is a very Limited Edition of 15,000, so I think it will be tough to get.

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- This is a very Limited Edition of 15,000, so I think it will be tough to get.--

:D I seriously doubt it will difficult to get. None of the previous "Limited Editions" have become difficult to grab - why should this one? I expect this will be around for quite some time. The price will help it do so ;)

18. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

lol. Yeah, 15,000 is most likely the maximum number they could expect to sell. It's probably only called a limited edition because BU's rights to the Blind Dead series will expire before they'll need a second pressing.

19. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I like all of them other than GHOST SHIPS. I have the double feature Anchor Bay disc already, but will probably go ahead and get this because I enjoy the series so much--I want to give GHOST SHIPS another try as well.

20. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

My most anticipated title of the year.