Blind Dead Boxset release date!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

That would be pretty weak of them to give us shitty cover art compared to the individual releases.

2. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I had been told the original would only be available in the box set and not as an idividual release. Can anybody confirm if that is true!

3. cjg

cjg Active Member

DDD has it listed now They have going 66 dollars and some change

4. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

They only do this to get you to buy the box set.They will release them all individualy in time.They did that with the Christopher Lee collection and Spaghetti Western box as well.

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I don't know about BU's boxset but that's indeed the case with Anchor Bay UK's boxset.

6. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

7. Shipping all ready and it's not even out yet, maybe i might order from these guys. One question if anyone could help, what would this be in Canadian.

8. Korngold

Korngold New Member

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Yet you just ordered it, didn't you, you dumbass?

I couldn't resist.

10. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I just got my email saying mine shipped today.

11. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Mine arrived yesterday....The coffin box is just the cutest little thing ever!! And, I didn't realize that the booklet included is actually a miniature repro of the book that was written about them from several years back...I wanted that book and now it's o.o.p., so having it included here was a nice surprise...

YAY!!!!

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Just got an email that mine shipped this morning from DDD, so hopefully it'll get here soon. Mail seems to be a little slow here though for some reason...the hurricane percussions perhaps.

13. Numania

Numania Guest

Mine shipped from dvdempire yesterday, and it should be here tomorrow. I'm fuckin' pumped. I can't wait to see this beauty close up.

14. WreckedPig

WreckedPig Guest

I received mine from DDD today(it shipped on tuesday!) Absolutely beautiful set.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I watched the first two films tonight (original Spanish versions naturally). Having already seen Tombs, I liked it as much this time around as when I did when I first saw it. That said, I must say that I enjoyed the constantly bashed The Return of the Evil Dead much more. For starters, it had much better characters, which alone made it more suspensful. It also had better pacing, more gore, more action, more of the Templars, and it was just a more interesting film in general. Unfortunately, the transfer wasn't the greatest, though I guess they did their best with the elements. Anyway, after this sequel, I'm really anxious to check out the next two films.

16. marcx

marcx New Member

Mine xam from xploited yesterday---sooo psyched!

17. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I just finished the two other films. The Ghost Galleon was nowhere near as bad as I'd been lead to believe. It was actually quite enjoyable, and I appreciated
    the annoying girl who seemed to be the lead getting offed well before the other far more entertaining characters.
    The dark scenes really didn't make the miniatures stand out that bad on this DVD, so that's a plus. Great ending too.

Night of the Seagulls was an even bigger surprise though. It has the most interesting plot of the four films, and the location is just lovely. The Templars seem more menacing here too. The film actually reminded me of The Wicker Man in a few ways, and that's a good thing. Right now, I'm not sure if this film or The Return of the Evil Dead is my favorite of the series. I'll have to sleep on it, but I am very happy with the quality of these sequels.

18. Tye

Tye New Member

Received the boxset from DDD this past Saturday. Obviously I was completely stoked to get it. It was definitely a highlight of my weekend!
    ;)
    I watched The Ghost Galleon first and my opinion of the film has greatly improved. I thought that film was total and utter crap when I first saw it on VHS. The Ghost Galleon has a lot of atmosphere and the characters are more entertaining that what I first thought. I'm looking forward to watching The Return of the Evil Dead because it was another Blind Dead sequel that I initially thought was god awful.
    And, yes, the packaging is great!
    :banana:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  19. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I was going through the still gallery on the Return of the Evil Dead disc (which I missed the first time around, as it shows up on the English version's menu) a few minutes back, and I noticed that the dead horse's face, which we can't really see during the film itself, is plain as day in one of the stills.

20. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Got mine Monday...haven't had time to give it more than a once-over, but what I've seen looks great--this weekend I have a date with the Templar Knights!

Unless something major happens [like the Devil's Rejects, perhaps...] this is probably going to be my pick for Release of the Year.