Blind Dead Boxset release date!!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Marco

Marco Guest

I've bought the anchor bay UK version. I've got the 16 seconds missing on a dutch release. Just saw Tombs half, but the DTS sound is great and also the picture is a beauty.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I got mine yesterday, and I think it is an amazing release. Not packed with extras, but the ultra-sleek coffin box is enough to make any fan of the films happy! :)

Is it just me, or are the cases used to house the discs of cheaper quality than the ones BU uses for regular stand alone releases? I don't know why, but this bugs me.

3. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

The coffin box is actually holding me back from buying it.

This set it overpriced and even with the DDD discount, 50 dollars is still too much. I'll eventually pick it up but I won't pay the premium they want. Hopefully BU will release them individually.

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

After this recent stunt with the MONDO CANE titles, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I agree, the box may look cool but I really would rather have a nice digipak like the UK release for storage purposes.

I'm in no hurry.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

You can always remove them from the coffin - arn't they in their own Amarays?

As for individual releases - of course BU will put them out eventually. They did this was Mondo Cane, and also with the "Exclusive" disc in the Christopher Lee set. "Limited Edition" from BU means "Until next time".

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, they all are.

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I almost escaped the dreaded "loose DVD" on this. TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD was loose and pretty scratched up, dammit. Shit. Shoulda bought from the store and to hell with an online discount.
    I mean, this disc is scratched ALL over the center section of the disc. It's gonna be a problem playing back for sure, it's that bad. I wonder if BU accepts exchanges? :confused:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  8. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

The AB UK version is cut.

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Exactly - once I knew the ABUK version was cut it was game over. Packaging never came into it - I try to avoid films cut, even if it's only by 16 seconds.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

There are five discs in the set, including the bonus DVD. That's $10 a disc. Add in the awesome--though, I do admit, bulky--packaging and the nice reproduction of Knights of Terror, and $50 shouldn't seem so bad. Of course, now that the DDD sale is over, the price is back to $60.

I should add, while people are talking about loose discs and scratches and the like, that my bonus disc had some rather nasty fingerprints on the bottom. It almost looked like one of the factory workers was eating chocolate and didn't bother to wash their hands before packaging the discs. It washed off easily, though, so hopefully the disc will play fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2005
  11. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Are you sure it was chocolate? :D

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

No, but it was brownish... :(

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

What does it taste like Ryan?

14. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I'm not the kind of person to go around licking brown stuff without knowing exactly what it is, unlike you. :D

15. betterdan

betterdan Guest

That's not what Michael Jackson confessed to me, although he is kind of a washed out brown color.

16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Michael Jackson is brown?

17. betterdan

betterdan Guest

See my edit ;)

18. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

What bugs the hell out of me, is the grammer of the title of this thread.

Can someone please fix this. :)

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

I know when to listen to a connoisseur of good grammar. The title has been changed.

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've had quite a few of those DVD's with dirty fingerprints on them before too, and they were all perfectly new and sealed with the security sticker intact and everything. We're talking worse than Rental disc fingerprints here. Chocolate sounds about right! Or perhaps fried chicken, pizza, greasy hair, etc...

As for the Blind Dead set and loose discs, all of mine were intact and had no marks or scratches. :D