Blind Dead Replacement Discs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Dec 19, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Blue Underground, always the stickler for prestine audio and video presentation, has spotted and corrected glitches to the first two discs of their BLIND DEAD collection. As courtesy to those who have already bought the discs, Blue Underground is offering a replacement program to fix the discs. Simply send the DVDs by themselves (without case) along with a return address back to Blue Underground's office, and you'll be replenished with two reauthored discs. What exactly are the problems? Reportedly there is a one-second audio dropout in the Spanish Version of TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, and a one-frame video/audio glitch in the Spanish Version of RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD. Not a huge bother, but still, for those wanting the best possible version available, Blue Underground is making sure they'll fix their tiny mistakes. This recalls how they handled a similarly minor mess-up with their SADOMANIA and the return policy they implemented with that.

For those who want their fixed discs, send the DVDs by themselves (without case) along with a return mailing address to the address below:

BLIND DEAD Replacement
    11271 Ventura Boulevard #500
    Studio City, CA 91604
    USA

Attached Files:

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I actually noticed the glitch on the Return disc and it bothered me even though it really shouldn't. I'll be sending the first two discs back now that I know this. THANKS!

3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Thanks - what an excellent way to return the one disc I got that was loose in its case and scatched to HELL!!! :D

4. theskank

theskank Guest

I fucking hate Blue Underground anymore, fuck them.
    You know what, it's fine if you live in the U.S. but if not it's not just as easy as dropping the discs in the mail. You can run into customs problems and shipping fees of like $7 to make sure your shit doesn't just get lost and you end up with nothing.
    All this so I can have a properly funtioning disc that I pay for in the first play.
    They need to have a P.O. Box in Canada and shit.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Still way better than Universal who knowingly puts out defective shit then waits for enough people to complain before offering any replacements.
    That does suck you're outside the US and international postage is a crapshoot or expensive.

6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

I hope Bill Lustig breaks into your house and rapes your mother!!

7. nice of BU to man up and fix such minor a problem. Some major studios STILL ignore some major problems with particular DVDs.

8. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

You can turn almost any thread to shit.Congrats.:rolleyes:

I may send mine back but I don't think I even noticed the glitches.Now if there was a missing pubic scene,there would be no question about it.

9. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

What the....?

BU's customer service sounds unbelievably good. How can you have a go at them just because they don't have an office on your doorstep?! :eek:

I remember a long time ago, way before their UK arm, Anchor Bay sorted out a missing inner card for my Hellraiser set even though I was in the UK! Now that's what I call customer service.

Is there something in the water, today?

10. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Jeez Louise...No kidding!!! I think it's great that a company is willing to put out the gesture first and cop to mistakes, and be willing to take care of things. That whole negative response made me really sad.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I really don't feel the need to replace mine just for those tiny flaws, but it's good to hear that they at least addressed the problem. I've had no problems with Blue Underground.

12. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  13. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

You really think it was worth cancelling it?If the minor audio glitch bothered you then just mail the discs in.This is a must have set.

14. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

For the initial 100 dollars or so they were asking for it...uh yeah.

15. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This issue doesn't bother me too much, but I guess I'll send the discs in anyway.

16. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Over two tiny audio glitches I didn't even notice?100 bucks is pocket change for a true fan.You'd find something to complain about if they gave it away free.

17. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Pocket Change!?

Sure Thing Mr Bill Gates! Oh Wait, Is Your Butler Typing Up Your Responses Now? Hello Jeeves!

18. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

At least BU is kind enough to fix a problem unlike the likes of Shriek Show.

19. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Speaking of which, I really regret picking up the SS version of Zombie. Their logo is so shoddy. What a truly crappy company.

20. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Golgo, you've been watch too much pee wee or you've smoked some bad granola ... or both!!! :eek1: