Blind Dead Replacement Discs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Dec 19, 2005.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Bill Lustig and Blue Underground are high class all the way, always keeping the fans first.

2. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

:lol: :eek2:

3. This thread has become nothing but a pms fest.

4. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Kudos to Blue Underground for offering this. I probably won't bother as the international thing makes it seem a little too much effort/cost for something that probably won't bother me, but I'm impressed with BU's obvious commitment to quality and customer goodwill.

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I probably won't send it my discs, because a little thing like a second audio glitch to me is not worth it. But, Universal on the other hand, I have purchased Seasons 1 and 2 of Miami Vice, and each time, I have had one episode from the both sets freeze up on me. On Seaon 1 is was about 2 minutes into the 2nd part of Calderon's Return, when Crockett and Tubbs are going to the Carribean, with the song Voices in the background. On the Season 2, so far, it is only the 2nd episode, for about 3-5 minutes of the beginning of the episode froze. I am very tempted to Boycot any Universal TV Show dvds, including Seaquest Season 1, Knight Rider Season 3, coming out January 31st, and future Miami Vice Releases. And to boot, Universal charges WAY TO MUCH for these DVD 18 discs.

6. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I remember at least one of these glitches, and at the time -- although minor -- I rewound just to make sure I'd seen what I'd seen. I think I'll return these, why not? Hats off to BU for for stepping up to the plate. As a consumer it further enhances my satisfaction with them for the high level of integrety they put into each one of their releases.

7. theskank

theskank Guest

Ok, what did everyone think about the "Circus of Fear" disc that would just not play.
    Cost me an extra $10 and a months wait just to get a working disc I paid for in the first place.
    At least Anchor Bay would send you a extra disc or something. Not just let you get raped like that.

8. Steve Crotte

Steve Crotte Guest

They should make sure they have their releases 100% checked before distributing them.
    I'm happy that it's not a big deal to me, i didnt even notice the audio glitch, so i wont send it back. But if it would have have been something more important - i would be pissed off too. Shipping, Customs, time ... come on!! Wether it's Blue underground or Shriek show get it right the first time for christ sake!!

9. Swearboy

Swearboy New Member

Even though their Quality Assurance department might need a kick in the butt, I have nothing but good things to say about BU's customer service. My Blind Dead box set was missing the bonus disc (I only got the empty case for it) and, after I emailed them about it, they promptly sent me the disc. I don't think I could expect the same response from other companies.
    I did notice the audio glitch but I don't think I'll send my discs back just in case I get hit with customs fees and tax. The set was already expensive enough.

10. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

can anyone post exactly where these problems occur so i can check them out? i havent watched the discs yet.

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I sent my discs out in the mail today.

12. Franco

Franco Weekender

You see ??? That's why you wanna see slashers and other horror movies ??? To become aggresive for simple discusions ???

Then you say these movies don't affect the mind ... Get outta here!

13. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

:lol: Kill it Franco ..... KILL IT!!!!!

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'm going to return it. I heard from someone else that there was an audible "pop" on one of the discs, and that it was quite loud when h was watching this one cranked up. I figure I'll just return it and have done.

15. WreckedPig

WreckedPig Guest

Sent my discs in on Monday, received the replacements today. great service.

16. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

how were the replacements packaged?

17. Franco

Franco Weekender

By this time, are all the discs sold by online retailers free of errors, etc. ?

I don't know if replacement discs are also considered for foreign customers.

18. WreckedPig

WreckedPig Guest

The discs each came in the slim cases that people put CDR's in. Both discs have a V2 next to the number on the bottom of the artwork.

19. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I sent mine in, so they better send replacements!!!! They should be here this week, or they better be, cause it's already been two weeks cause they got the discs on the 3rd of Jan. I had a tracking number for the package.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Let us know when you get it. I wasn't going to at first, but I decided to send mine in and sent them off on Saturday. I am very antsy about just having them....out there. :nervous: I did get tracking though, because you just never know.