Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Andrew, Aug 10, 2003.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Here's a suggestion - what I did was take the second disc out of the paper holder and put it in one of those thin plastic jewel cases that are used for the recordable CDs. That way it won't get any more scratches and it fits nicely inside the keep case. Anyway, I just got Blood Feast 2 in the mail yesterday, but I didn't get to watch it yet - probably tonight.

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'd like to get some of these.

[​IMG]

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Or just find the cases with the extra thing inside for a second disc. I'm sure some place sells them. But Mortis' method is probably cheaper.

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Well I just watched Blood Feast 2. I thought the movie was pretty cool, but I don't know about the disc. The transfer looks OK, although it's apparently non-anamorphic. And did anyone notice the audio distortion during the brain-massage? I also noticed at least one spot of digital artifacting in the form of a horizontal line toward the end, right when Fuad takes the bucket off the old lady's head. I've seen this type of artifacting on a number of Troma discs, but I'd expect it from Troma. Sucks about the commentary too, but honestly I haven't even heard the commentary for Blood Feast 1 yet.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  5. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

The audio distortion and the artifacting are on mine too.

Gotta agree with most of Andy's review. The gore scenes are great. Lewis still has the magic touch. The rest of the movie suffers from limp gags. The Lewis tribute, Blood Diner was better in that department. What's up with Mr. Lampley's body showing up at the murder scenes? :lol: Was Montag the Magnificent responsible for this?;) I didn't mind the bad acting, but Detective Myers was the worst! He makes Connie Mason a competent actor.:eek: To sum it up, I'm glad the sequel is outta the way and hopefully we'll see some original material from Lewis.

6. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Thanks Mark, I still can't wait to see this though... Now let's hope Grim Fairy Tale gets off the ground.

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

What's the deal with this?

According to Fangoria's Chopping List, the release date for the Blood Feast 2 SE has been updated to "Future Undated". Is Shriek Show planning to re-release this already? Maybe the version they released last week is being recalled so they can include the commentary and an anamorpic transfer???:confused:

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

That would be insanely lame of them. I didn't mention it in my review but the film also looked like it was shot on DV or some other shitty film stock. I read that Mr. Lewis was extremely upset by this as they had used expensive 35mm film to shoot. He seemed very pissed off at Media Blasters. I'd understand if this was to fix that, but it'd still incredibly obnoxious on their part.

9. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

SS needs to get their shit together on these releases. :fire:

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

They've erased every release for the rest of the year and have decided not to set a date until their products are in the can. It's a smart move but DAMN am I anxious for ZOMBI 2, LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN, FACELESS, and a bunch of others.

11. So is Blood Feast 2 available or what?

12. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

How great was this? What a pleasant surprise. I didn't even realize it existed until I was browsing thru Netflix's online movie options on my PS3. Had to give it a shot. I was a little worried with the first scene where the wookies were trolling around the garbage cans and then gauged each other - the gore did keep me intrigued. The flick settles right in with off-the-wall zaniness, gratuitous gore and nudity of hot cha chas. I laughed out loud at the creme brulee scene - BAM!