Blood Tracks

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Suicide, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Stige

Stige Active Member

well thank god , I just noticed this thread, this cheese fest is a personal guilty pleasure of mine. Does diabalikdvd take a pre order?

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I checked already. Only on new soon to arrive titles, or so it appears. I hope they get them in soon so I do not have to go through a German site and guess which buttons are Add To Card and Checkout. Last night I started the process, then realized I should contact DiabolikDVD first.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've had a little time to compare the new DVD to my old DVD-R bootleg sourced from the cut VHS.

The gore appears to all be there, or at least I didn't notice any obvious cuts on the DVD.

I also did find at least two kills that are abruptly "cut" on the VHS, but are intact on the DVD.

The scene in the warehouse with the tripwire kill appears complete on the DVD. The VHS cuts before this (intact on the DVD): [​IMG]

The bathroom kill scene also abruptly cuts before the throat slash and the blood spurt. The DVD appears to have this scene fully intact: [​IMG]

There also seems to be some extra nudity intact on the DVD. Right after the above scene, there's a scene with the girl fully nude in bed which doesn't appear on the cut VHS.

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Back in stock over at Diabolik... 2 copies for me. :D

5. Stige

Stige Active Member

ordered here as well, thank goodness for horrordvd's , I had stopped checking Diabolik

6. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Holy Kat, I just read your post now, that is great news about cut status of the dvd. I think I only ever saw a heavily edited version. So this will be a great improvement, even if it is not truly complete. Thanks for your time on this.

And thanks for the update, Demoni. I just checked on Fri and it was still out of stock. It probably would have been a few days from now until I'd check again and possibly sold out before I could get in on it. Looking really forward to getting it.

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

No problem... my pleasure.

I believe It stocked Saturday or Sunday because I also checked this Friday.

Only 4 copies left.

8. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

9. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I wish we could get a definite answer as to whether this version is fully uncut, (seems odd to edit back in a couple of truncated kills and a bit of nudity,if more exists). Like others,I'm glad to see a more complete release that re-instates the good stuff...it just drives me crazy to have something incomplete, (I'm sure a lot of the early 80s flicks I digest are,but as long as I don't know,it doesn't matter).I was even pi$$ed to hear that Final Exam is edited, ( the amount of stabs during Courtney's final attack on the killer).

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

For the swedes and other scandinavians on here, "Blood Tracks" are gonna be released over here by "Studio S Entertainment" this spring :)

http://www.studiosentertainment.se/bloodtracks/

I gonna contact the owner of the label to see if it´s the full uncut version, and IF it´s in the original 1.85:1 ratio, though I guess it´s still just an old pan & scan master.

I´ll be back with info as soon as I get an answer.

11. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Cut or uncut the film elements available on all various releases look bad. I doubt this will ever get a remastering job cause the film itself is complete shit. Real shame cause this is 100%+ diarrhea cheese proof. :cool:

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

[​IMG]

I think it would be a small miracle if any studio actually finds the original film elements. From what I've read before at least two studios have searched high and low with no luck over the years.

13. Stige

Stige Active Member

well the German release will tide me over, maybe the s-lag release in Scandinavia will improve on it

14. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Diabolik SHM/ Blood Tracks disc arrived in my mailbox today. Refreshingly, it plays and looks pretty nice on my PC...and the box is solid,like a small hardback book with the image graphics directly applied to the cover very cleanly. . If the release Steel76 mentioned is uncut,I may have to score it too,come spring...I'm a sucker for the original art,with original title. Anyone have the poster of that art included in the link?

15. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Well, "Studio S Entertainment" are the distributors on their country for "Another World Entertainment". It is not on theirs site yet, so I´m hoping this would be their work.

16. Stige

Stige Active Member

would be great is AWE got it in widescreen, in the comparison with the scenes from the japanese version there was information on the sides of both version but on opposite sides

watched mine yesterday, and It seemed a lot less cut than my VHS from the states. granted it's been a long time since I watched it but it seemed gorier to me at least.

17. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

*Just finished last night**

Aside from some atrocious dubbing,and too-dark, (and frequent) chase scenes,this one was a lot of fun. Big hair,splattery kills, sex,(sorta,more making out nude LOL)...and I agree,there was definitely more here than the U.S. VHS offered up. In fact,I recall shutting that version off as a teen, because virtually nothing happened to pique my interest. As someone else suggested,Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings definitely resurrected some of the mountainside slaughter fun of this...with a dash of Slumber Party Massacre thrown in,and pretty much any slasher with pretty faces and boobs.

18. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I am watching this disc now and all the scenes that looked cut on the version I watched as a kid all seem to have the bloody goodness restored!! I am confident this version is rather complete. If not, it is a remarkable improvement.

19. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Watched the VHS last night. Even though its heavily cut BLOOD TRACKS is a lot of fun. Its full of interesting kills and the body count is insane. I wish I would have caught this back in the 80’s. I would have searched high and low for the soundtrack.

I’ll hold out on upgrading until the word gets out on the Studio S release (Diabolik is sold out anyway).

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Well, it says "Special Edition" on the cover so I´m confident it will be something special.

[​IMG]