Blood Tracks

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Suicide, Mar 16, 2003.

1. horrorscreamer

horrorscreamer Member

Oh I understand that, it's just that it's such a tease to give a trailer in letterbox when the movie is in 4:3.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Mine shipped a few days ago from SubDVD in Stockholm. It came out to $27 shipped, which isn't too bad.

I'll post my thoughts on the transfer's comparison to the CMV DVD whenever it arrives, but based on those screengrabs posted above they look quite similar.

3. Stige

Stige Active Member

got mine today

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

So tell us what you think of it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

This movie sure has received a lot of attention here recently. I should have listened to Dobby (complete shit), but my curiosity got the better of me.

Okay, so maybe 'complete shit' is a bit harsh. The glam rock title song is fun, and the basic concept is appealing enough. But... It is a movie with little finesse - Madman proved that even a trashy slasher could have moments of suspense and cinematic elegance. None of that should be expected here! And the body count is perhaps too high, i.e. the character gallery is vast, and uniformally anonymous, which can be confusing. The dialogue is awkward (as the glam rockers + dancers run for the cosy warmth of a cabin, one of them pointlessly shouts "open the door!").

A couple of the kills are gruesome (most are unmemorable), with the most effective perhaps being one of the victims being set on fire. It is not so much because the stunt work or makeup is extraordinary, but because the scene is so drawn out - a companion races to help the unfortunate victim, who screams in agony. It reaches the point where you start to wish for the rescuer to fail, because the burn victim is so obviously beyond help.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think it is an extremely fun film, but the editing ruins it. I own the Vista clamshell VHS and it is horribly cut.

7. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Ok i'm puzzeled which is the best version available?

8. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

You have screens from both versions on the previous page... don´t know how you could miss it!

I believe the Studio S is the one to go... uncut, same print as CMV, slight better encoding than CMV, great extras (The Easy Action 80s promo is a must for fans of hair metal).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  9. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

OK well when you get a chance i'd welcome your thoughts.

10. Katatonia

I'd watch it again. I liked it much, much more when I saw it for the 2nd and 3rd times. It's one of those bad movies that gets better every time you see it.

Yeah, the VHS cut version of the film just ruins it. The only way to see the film is uncut. I wouldn't even recommend watching the cut version at all.

Whenever it cums in the mail, I will. :cool:

11. Stige

Stige Active Member

well....................

for the English speakers be prepared for disappointment
    there is a 26 min "making of" where the director is interviewed, while eating a meal, in Swedish WITHOUT subs(unless he came with a fascinating morsel of information while his mouth was stuffed with whatever he was eating). I could understand it, believe me none of you are really missing anything interesting

a 55 min club performance with the band from the movie with a little tidbit, of info about them, ok, I fast forwarded through it

a trailer
    gallery with images from the movie
    gallery of covers of titles connected with the director

No subs, only Swedish, while they were talking Swedish

If I were feeling very generous the picture was maybe a little sharper in some frames but is was pretty much the same, one second longer if that matters......

dual layer disc, but I assume the film was the same size, and the "extra'¨s took room

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  12. Katatonia

I got mine in the mail earlier today, it only took about 2 weeks from Sweden.

The transfer looks slightly better (slightly grainier?) than the German DVD, but the difference is really minimal. The audio quality is pretty much identical.

I haven't had a chance to really check out the bonus features, but the 26 min "interview" (while eating at a restaurant :lol:) with the director is fully in Swedish as Stige stated above. It doesn't look like it's any big loss for the English audience.

13. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

How much did you pay?

14. Katatonia

I posted that earlier in this thread — $27 shipped.

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

The new DVD release with the bonus CD is now on sale at Diabolikdvd

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

17. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

That's what I was waiting for.

18. nsacci

nsacci New Member

Demoni-

Are you certain the Italian disc is widescreen, or are you just going on the website specs? I just ask because if it's widescreen, Italian language or not, I need it, and would hate to have to blind buy.

19. Katatonia

Just because the Italian DVD is possibly in widescreen doesn't necessarily mean anything positive. They could have always just taken the same fullscreen print (or worse) and matted it to widescreen.

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

All the sites I´ve checked says this is widescreen and I´ve bought from this company before and all the products I´ve bought were in the original aspect ratio as stated.

As an example, a few weeks back I bought "The Bite", that in the USA is known as "Curse 2: The Bite", and their version is in 2:35 widescreen.

But, as I said, all the info was taken from several sites, and like Katatonia says, it could just be a cropped affair, but as I also said, until now this company didn´t let me down.