Blue Underground going Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Crystal Plumage, Mar 1, 2008.

1. foller

foller Active Member

I am a bit disappointed. They should have left the option to watch the movie with or without the scenes like on the "My Bloody Valentine" Blu.

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Yes,that would have been nice.Of course,not having seen the quality of the deleted scenes,it's hard to say.They might have been too choppy to cut smoothly back into the film.Guess we'll know when the disc streets.

3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I really don't see why they can't just include the option to watch the movie with or without these scenes and I also don't get why most discs that have deleted, cut, or alternate scenes don't have the option to watch them as part of the movie if this stuff is going to be on the disc anyway. imo these scenes just seem pointless on their own because they're usually a bore to watch outside of the context of the movie regardless of their content. It also seems to me that any label that isn't doing this isn't taking full advantage of the medium and isn't providing the best possible product. That said I will probably not be buying The Nesting unless they include an option to watch the extra footage as part of the movie and it looks like they aren't going to do this. I don't care if the extra footage is VHS quality and in 4:3, we should be able to watch the full movie without ripping and re-editing the disc! Some people will take quality over completeness and others will take completeness over quality and I can understand both points of view but this is a pretty trivial point seeing as how they have the technical capability to appease everyone so long as they have the footage.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Plus, then they can slap one of those "TWO FILMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!!!" tags on the front cover. Gotta love truth in advertising.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ While I agree that we should at least have the option, watching the uncut version of My Bloody Valentine made me sad.

The movie looks pristine, but the additional footage looks rough. The change in image quality was a little jarring. It was a bummer to think that the uncut footage would have looked just as pristine if the MPAA weren't such assholes.

One of the worst examples of this was Anchor Bay's Silent Night, Deadly Night disc. Though all of the uncut footage from that one was the same as my VHS.

Back to Blue Underground news: Amazon has Cat O Nine Tails on pre-order for $15.99

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Press release for Torso Blu-Ray!:

http://10kbullets.com/

"The shocking psychosexual thriller is now available on High Definition Blu-ray Disc, containing both its uncensored English Version and full-length Italian Director’s Cut!

One Day She Met A Man Who Loved Beautiful Women… BUT NOT ALL IN ONE PIECE!

A series of sex murders shock a college campus, and four beautiful young girlfriends head for the safety of an isolated country villa. But as they succumb to their own erotic desires, their weekend of pleasure becomes a vacation to dismember at the hands – and blade – of the lecherous maniac.

Directed by Sergio Martino (MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD) and starring Suzy Kendall (THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE) and Tina Aumont (SALON KITTY), this Euro Horror chiller was originally released in America with much of its controversial violence removed by censors. Now freshly transferred in thrilling High Definition from the original negative, TORSO is presented in both its Uncensored English Version and Full-Length Italian Director’s Cut for the first time ever!

Extras:
    • Murders in Perugia – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Sergio Martino
    • U.S. Opening Credits
    • U.S. Trailer
    • International Trailer
    • TV Spots
    • Radio Spot
    • Poster & Still Gallery

Video Specs: 1.66:1 1080p
    Running Times: 90 minutes (English Language), 93 minutes (Italian Language)
    Audio Specs: DTS-HD Mono
    Languages: English, Italian
    Optional Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish, English for Italian Version
    Region Code: All

Suggested Retail Price: $29.98 (Blu-Ray), $19.98 (DVD)
    Street Date: July 26th, 2011"

7. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Thats going to be a sweet buy.I never bought TORSO in any format, so its gonna be worth it.Two versions of the movie also thats pretty bad ass.I think Ive only seen the versions from AWE and AB.

Sean

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Yeah, I've never bought Torso either, so this will be a good purchase for me as well!

9. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I'll probably buy Torso since I've been on a roll buying all the BU BD releases...
    However, I haven't seen this film and almost all the reviews I've read refer to it as boring and nearly bloodless. Now, there is no requirement that a horror film, especially a giallo, be gory to be "good" but it doesn't hurt. ;) I'm more concerned, however, about the multitude of reviews that indicate that the picture plods until the last 20 or so minutes. What do you folks think?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Torso is an excellent film, one of my favorites. Very excited to see this in HD. I really hope this sells some copies for BU so we keep getting more euro films released on blu.

11. foller

foller Active Member

I don't like the cover artwork. To me it's boring and very Photoshop-like. I would much more prefer that one:

Attached Files:

12. Nailwraps

The 10th Victime announced!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6242

"Blue Underground are set to release Italian director Elio Petri's La decima vittima a.k.a The 10th Victim (1965), starring Marcello Mastroianni (La Dolce Vita, Casanova 70), Ursula Andress (The Loves and Times of Scaramouche, Tigers in Lipstick) and and Elsa Martinelli (Ciao, ciao, bambina, De l'amour). This cult classic has inspired a generation of movies, from The Running Man to the Austin Powers Trilogy. Street date is August 30th."

13. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Where is House by the Cemetery?

14. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yup, want more Fulci.

Hope we don´t have to wait until December for Zombie.

Contamination and Conquest would be nice as well ;)

Plus, would be nice if Blue-Underground began to release at least 2 movies per month like in the good old DVD days around 2001-2005 ;)

15. blu

blu New Member

No kidding. I hope it gets released by October at the latest. That's a long enough wait for me.

And I'd love the Blind Dead films on Blu-ray. Hope those come sooner rather than later.

16. Nailwraps

17. Nailwraps

18. Nailwraps

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!

20. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

the zombie BD will be my first movie me and my new born will watch.

sean