Blue Underground going Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Crystal Plumage, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Got my copy last night. Looks ok to me (and I have an upper end 60" plasma), a damn sight better than the previous blu. Still a little graininess on the sky outside the Uffizi, but nowhere near what it was before. If BU wants to send replacement copies to fix this alleged problem that I don't even notice, fine, but if not I'll be more than happy with this edition.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

As stated already here on this thread by zbinks last month. The rumors are true.

4K Transfer of Dead & Buried coming from BU. Sometime in 2018.

http://www.blumhouse.com/2017/07/25...-of-dead-buried-coming-from-blue-underground/

"“Right now, as we sit here in Los Angeles, in London, England, the original negative of DEAD & BURIED is passing itself through a 4K scan and we are going to restore completely DEAD & BURIED and do some extras that’ll blow people away,” Sherman revealed exclusively during the podcast interview."

elDomenechHDG, zbinks, Matt89 and 4 others like this.
  3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

From BU's Facebook:

"THE LIFT Limited Edition is coming October 10th!

A New Kind Of Horror Lurks In The Shadows Of The Lift…

There is something very wrong with the elevator in a stylish office high-rise. The passengers never end up on the floor of their choice. They end up dead! When Felix, an inquisitive repairman, investigates the faulty deathtrap, he discovers that something other than malfunctioning machinery is to blame. Some dark, distorted power has gained control of the elevator for its o...wn evil design. After his horrifying discovery is given the shaft by the authorities, he joins a nosy female journalist to battle the unholy force inside THE LIFT!

Huub Stapel (AMSTERDAMNED) and Willeke van Ammelrooy (ANTONIA’S LINE) star in this chilling cult classic from Writer/Director Dick Maas (SAINT), who also composed the score and later helmed the 2001 English-language remake, DOWN (aka THE SHAFT). Long unavailable on U.S. home video, Blue Underground now proudly presents THE LIFT in a brand-new 2K restoration from the original negative, approved by Dick Maas!

Extras:
    • Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Dick Maas and Editor Hans van Dongen
    • Going Up – Interview with Star Huub Stapel
    • “Long Distance” – Short Film by Dick Maas
    • Dutch Trailer
    • U.S. Trailer
    • Poster & Still Gallery
    • BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by writer and filmmaker Chris Alexander (First Pressing Only!)

• WORLD PREMIERE of brand new 2K restoration from the original Dutch negative approved by Dick Maas
    • Exclusive Limited Collector’s Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible sleeve, and special packaging

Video Specs: Widescreen 1.66:1/16x9
    Blu-ray Audio Specs: Dutch: 5.1 DTS-HD; Dutch, English: 2.0 DTS-HD
    DVD Audio Specs: Dutch: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dutch, English: Dolby Digital Stereo
    Optional Subtitles: English for Dutch Audio, English SDH, Spanish
    ALL REGIONS"

"DOWN Limited Edition is also coming October 10th!

You May Want to Take the Stairs…

When the express elevators in New York City’s 102-story Millennium Building start to malfunction, elevator mechanics Mark (James Marshall of TWIN PEAKS) and Jeff (Eric Thal of THE PUPPET MASTERS) are sent to find the cause. After a series of gruesome and deadly “accidents” occur, Mark joins forces with spunky reporter Jennifer (Naomi Watts of THE RING), who’s on the hunt for a juicy story. As the death toll rises and the building is sealed off amid claims of terrorism, Mark and Jennifer attempt to unravel the horrifying secret behind the mysterious behavior of the bloodthirsty lift before it takes them – and the entire city – DOWN!

Michael Ironside (SCANNERS), Edward Herrmann (THE LOST BOYS), Dan Hedaya (COMMANDO), and Ron Perlman (HELLBOY) co-star in this big-budget remake of THE LIFT helmed by original Writer/Director Dick Maas (AMSTERDAMNED). Previously released on home video in a cropped full-frame transfer as THE SHAFT, Blue Underground is now proud to present DOWN in a brand-new widescreen 2K restoration from the original negative, approved by Dick Maas!

Extras:
    • Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Dick Maas and Stunt Coordinator Willem de Beukelaer
    • The Making of DOWN
    • Behind-the-Scenes Footage (2.5 hours) [Blu-ray Exclusive]
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Teaser Trailers
    • Poster & Still Gallery
    • BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by author Michael Gingold (First Pressing Only!)

• Writer/Director Dick Maas’ big-budget remake of THE LIFT finally arrives on U.S. home video in widescreen for the first time ever!
    • WORLD PREMIERE of brand new 2K restoration from the original negative approved by Dick Maas
    • Exclusive Limited Collector’s Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible sleeve, and special packaging

Video Specs: Widescreen 2.35:1/16x9
    Blu-ray Audio Specs: English, French: 5.1 DTS-HD; English, French: Dolby Digital Stereo
    DVD Audio Specs: English, French: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; English, French: Dolby Digital Stereo
    Optional Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
    ALL REGIONS"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the LIFT remake? Just wondering what to expect from it: a decent traditional film or a minor effort from a guy looking to rekindle old glory.

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Been many years since I last saw it, but I remember that it was wonderfully silly and over the top.
    Good popcorn fun :)

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Wow, that trailer makes it look like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to check this out now. Thanks steel!
    Never seen the original either, worth a watch?

Steel76 likes this.
  7. Steel76

No problems :)

When it comes to the original, I have only seen a couple of scenes from it, and...well...it's looks pretty bad, but in a good way :D
    *SPOILERS*

trailer:

I remember seeing this cool cover in the videostore, back in the mid 80:s, but I never got around to renting the movie.
    [​IMG]

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

You know, they say THE SHAFT is one bad mutha...

Steel76 likes this.
  9. Steel76

[​IMG]

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Shut yo mouth.

Steel76 likes this.
  11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I remember the remake being a hoot. Plus, it ends with Aerosmith's "Love In An Elevator", which is just too perfect.

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

He's just talking about The Shaft

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Steel76 likes this.
  14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I can dig it.

Steel76 likes this.
  15. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Stendhal Syndrome Replacement Program

https://www.facebook.com/BlueUnderg...228044.117400280148/10155406304200149/?type=3

16. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Steel76 likes this.
  17. Steel76

Interesting how fast things changed on FB. From "I can't see any problems, it looks amazing, you're an idiot!" to all the asskissers suddenly turning around, asking for replacement discs :D

I'm glad that Bill finally got his head out his ass and actually saw that it was a problem.
    But he really needs to apologise to all the people he attacked.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I'm not sure I'll even get a replacement. Like I said, i don't see the compression problem, and now that I know the missing dialogue is from the English dub, I couldn't care less. I HATE the English dub of Stendhal (whoever dubbed Asia literally whispers every single line and it's beyond annoying).

It'll all depend on how easy it is to get the proof of purchase from Amazon. If a copy of the E-mail confirmation is enough, then what the hell, I'll take the free replacement.

19. jstell

jstell Member

Getting p of p from Amazon is easy. There is a "View or Print Invoice" button on the Order Details page. Just click that, print a PDF of the invoice, and attach it to your email request. I've done this with all my Shout replacements as well as this one and haven't had a problem.

BTW, I emailed Blue Underground at 10:08 AM and have already gotten a response that I'm in the system to get a replacement (scheduled to be mailed out by Sept 1.)

Steel76 likes this.
  20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think it's just an automated message they're sending out in reply. I literally got that email like 20 seconds after I sent mine off yesterday.