Blue Underground releasing 3 giallo's in October

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by meddle, Aug 3, 2005.

1. meddle

meddle Member

Seven Deaths In The Cat's Eye (1973)

International sex symbol Jane Birkin (of BLOW-UP and "Je t'aime." fame) stars as Corringa, a beautiful young girl who returns from a convent school to her family's ancestral castle. But within these walls seethes unspeakable evil, including religious fervor, depraved desires, and sudden, sadistic murder. Now, someone with a taste for terror is slaughtering the castle's demented guests. Six have already met their deaths.and for delicious Corringa, the ultimate torment is still to come! Anton Diffring (CIRCUS OF HORRORS), Hiram Keller (FELLINI SATYRICON) and the infamous French superstar Serge Gainsbourg co-star in this luridly gothic giallo co-written and directed by Antonio Margheriti (CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE, CASTLE OF BLOOD), featuring an intense score by Riz Ortolani (MONDO CANE), and presented uncut, uncensored and fully restored from original European vault materials.

Featuring: Jane Birkin - Hiram Keller - Anton Diffring
    Special Features: "An Amazing Film With A Wicked Sense Of Humor!" HorrorView.com Murder He Wrote - Interview with Co-Writer Giovanni Simonelli. Color, Dolby Digital Mono
    Director: Anthony M. Dawson
    Genre: Horror; Thriller
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 Widescreen, 16x9 Anamorphic
    Region Code: 0
    Rating: NOT RATED
    Studio: Blue Underground
    Street Date: October 25, 2005

Strip Nude For Your Killer (1975)

The stunning Edwige Fenech (CASE OF THE BLOODY IRIS, THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH) stars in this infamous shocker that packs more grisly violence and sexual depravity into each frame than most any other film in the entire giallo genre. There's succulent flesh aplenty as a mysterious killer dressed in black leather and wearing a motorcycle helmet begins butchering beautiful young fashion models with no mercy and one deranged request: STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER! Nino Castelnuovo (THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG) and Femi Benussi (HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON) co-star in this sleazy '70s classic directed by Andrea Bianchi (BURIAL GROUND), now presented totally uncut and uncensored from original vault materials for the first time ever in America.

Featuring: Edwige Fenech - Nino Castelnuovo - Femi Benussi - Solvi Stubing
    Special Features: "Ultra Trashy Fun.Chock Full Of Sleaze, Cheese And Nudity" Hysteria Lives Strip Nude For Your Giallo - Interviews with Actress Solvi Stubing and Co-Writer Massimo Felisatti. Theatrical Trailer. Color, Dolby Digital Mono
    Director: Andrea Bianchi
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 Widescreen, 16x9 Anamorphic
    Languages: English

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (1970)

The Stunning Debut By Dario Argento - The Italian Master Of Terror In his first film as writer/director, Dario Argento (SUSPIRIA, DEEP RED, TWO EVIL EYES) single-handedly created the giallo genre and instantly emerged as the filmmaker critics worldwide hailed as 'The Italian Hitchcock'. Tony Musante (TRAFFIC, OZ) and Suzy Kendall (CIRCUS OF FEAR, TORSO) star in this pulse-pounding suspense thriller about an American writer in Rome who witnesses - and is helpless to stop - a brutal assault, the cunning vengeance of a maniac, and the heart-stopping horror that lives - and kills - deep in the dark. Blue Underground is proud to present this legendary shocker remastered in High Definition from its original camera negative - including recently discovered never-before-seen footage of explicit violence - remixed in 6.1 DTS-ES and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX. Exclusive Extras in this 2-Disc Special Edition include four all-new featurettes with Argento, Oscarr winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro, legendary composer Ennio Morricone, co-star Eva Renzi and much more!

Featuring: Tony Musante - Suzy Kendall - Enrico Maria Salerno - Eva Renzi
    Special Features: "A thriller that works!" Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times Audio: English: 6.1 DTS-ES; 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dolby Surround 2.0; Original Mono. Italian: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dolby Surround 2.0; Original Mono Disc 1: Audio Commentary with Journalists Alan Jones and Kim Newman. International Trailer. Italian Trailer. U.S. TV Spots. Color, 6.1 DTS-ES; 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX; Dolby Surround 2.0; Mono, Closed Captioned
    Director: Dario Argento
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 Widescreen, Full Frame, 16x9 Anamorphic
    Languages: English, Italian

Info found here: http://www.sendmemovies.com/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  2. Franco

Franco Weekender

Links don't work.

3. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Awesome news about Bird... definitely will be upgrading...

4. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Can't wait for all three of these.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Gotta upgrade on BIRD,the others sound fun.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The Bird news is old, of course. However, nice to know it's moving forward. I can't imagine why each of these shouldn't find their way to my door. Things have been thin on the ground from BU lately, so this is especially welcome.

7. meddle

meddle Member

8. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Great news,wish I was the first to post it though ;)
    Anyway these are definitely for me,starting with Bird.

9. Crystal Plumage

I just hope they don't put them in a boxset in the end,with an extra movie exclusive for the set...

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

The Argento one is mine the others....I need more convincing. Thanks for the news though.

11. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

All three will be mine !!!

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Gonna pick these up. The other 2 sound interesting (Bird is a great film anyway :))

13. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I dont have the original Bird... release so I'll definetly be getting that one. The other 2 sound pretty good. I love that title, Strip Nude for your Killer. I might have to buy it for the title alone!

14. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

I spoke to lustig at comic-con, and he said he's releasing them all of them by themsevles and not in a box.

15. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

If you haven't seen Strip Nude for Your Killer I say go for it. It's one of my favorite sleasy giallo films.

Bird With the Crystal Plumage is a great film. one of Argento's best in my opinion. I have the old DVD and will probably trade it in for the new one.

I've never seen Seven Death's but hope to soon.

16. Same here, cannot wait.

17. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Strip Nude For Your Killer might just be one of the top five film titles of all time.

I'm glad about it not being a boxed set with an extra disc "exclusive." I bought the Christopher Lee Boxset just for The Bloody Judge, and now it's available on its own.

18. Crystal Plumage

Thanks alot,DeathDealer!

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

Between these films and the BLIND DEAD set, Blue Underground is back in my "A" books this fall. Between these three gialli, and the Martino films being released by NoShame in September, giallo fans have a lot to be excited about this year. I still wish Blue Underground had went with the proposed box set, but I'll take these any way I can get them.

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

If you're a creative kind of guy, you could always buy them all and specially make your own. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. :)