Blue Underground releasing 3 giallo's in October

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by meddle, Aug 3, 2005.

1. logboy

logboy Guest

2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Thanks,that looks good!
    And thanks for the comparison too:
    http://www.10kbullets.com/reviews/birdcrystalplumagecomparison.html

I looks that the Medusa disc is bit colorboosted or how you call it.And also has some edge enhancement (at least to me with no knowledge about that stuff at all;)).
    BU gets my vote judgeing from the screencaps.

3. Crystal Plumage

4. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

6. Jimbo

7. Crystal Plumage

Thanks again Jimbo!

8. Crystal Plumage

9. Luna

Luna Guest

I am SO glad I held off on buying the old Plumage disc. This sounds really sweet! :banana:

10. Jimbo

This Disk is just outstanding all the way around.Everyone will be pleased.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

As am I. This is next on my list of DVDs to buy after I get Land of the Dead and Season of the Witch. :D

12. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

I compared the elevator murder with the Medusa release and BU has two extra shots and one extended shot. Earlier I said that there shouldn't be any extra violence compared to European versions but I based that on what Tim Lucas said in his review "...would be as complete as it can be. This has not been too much of a problem with earlier European releases, but the film was trimmed for America..."

The shot where victim holds her arm in front of her face and is moving towards left of the frame is completely missing from Medusa. That's the first shot where you can see the blood on her face. Also completely missing is the razor close-up (two slashes) after that. Razor slashing just before that is shortened (one slash instead of three).

That extra shot of victim is not the goriest one of that scene but the whole scene is much stronger in its complete form.

Three captures of that extra shot. None of those is very good one since in every frame (whole shot is about 12 frames) her head or arm is moving.

Attached Files:

13. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Thanks for the details Joni. :)

You did what most of the reviewers did not, which is show us what excatly got restored.

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Fuckin' A!

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I went through the Bird set today, and it's a fantastic release. Everything already said about the transfer is right on the money. The Eva Renzi interview was sort of surprising. She was rather venomous, but it was definitely interesting. The other extras were great as well. My only disappointment is the lack of an interview with the beyond gorgeous Suzy Kendall, but this set is as good as Bird has ever been treated, and definitely worth the cash. I just wish Four Flies would finally hit DVD.

16. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Bird was an incredible disc...watched it last night. I just finished 7 Deaths in the Cats Eye...which was very atmospheric and alot of fun. Strip Nude is next up!

17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I thought Strip Nude for Your Killer was just across the board lame. The disc looked great though. I kind of wish it looked worse. I didn't need see the fat dude in his tighty whiteys under harsh lighting quite that clearly. Nope. Sure didn't.

I enjoyed Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye a lot more. What it lacked in sex and violence it made up for in atmosphere and dark gothic tone. It was filmed beautifully, and the disc made the most of it. I had a great time watching this one, and think it will have great replay value. Next time I watch it, it's going to be in a double feature with Castle of Blood. That should be a perfect match up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2005
  18. Crystal Plumage

I watched Strip Nude.. last tuesday but I was so damn tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.Nothing to do with the movie though.Work 'n stuff.
    I need to rewatch it to have an opinion.
    But I liked what I saw and all Giallo ingredients were there.My only problem so far was the music.Sounded very dull.With an (above) average movie like this one at least the music should be good.
    Oh,and anyone noticed the clue halfway through the movie?I don't know it was intentional though.
    at some point in the movie you can see the reflection of the killer in the mirrors on the wall

19. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Oh, I like Strip Nude For Your Killer alot. I thought it was great fun all the way through, plus the killer looks cool as hell. I didn't think the music was all that bad, but I could've done with less of the fat guy in tighty whiteys, hahah.

I started watching Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye last night around 4:30am, got about 30mins in and just couldn't keep awake. It didn't seem too great though. I am going to start it over again today for a full viewing.

20. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Has anyone found these in stores yet? I checked Tower Records last week with no luck, and Best Buy tells me "no availability" for all of the stores in the area. I'm a little surprised because I've certainly seen multiple copies of other BU releases at both of the aforementioned retailers within a few days of the release, sometimes even displayed and on sale.