Blue Underground releasing 3 giallo's in October

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by meddle, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Gothic Giallo

Yeah, I didn't like Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye all that much.

The Gothic settings did absolutly nothing for me (they pretty much never do, though) and the almost complete lack of gore didn't help matters much. Add in a handful of characters that aren't entertaining (James being the exception) and a surprisingly under-average score from Riz Ortolani and this one's fate is sealed. The ending was fun, but not enough to save this film.

What was the idea with the Orangutan, James?
    Was he some ridiculous red herring or what? It seemed like the only reason he was introduced in the movie was to use him later on for James to cover up his fathers death. I was almost hoping a ridiculous twist would occur and he would end up being the killer, just to add something to this movie.

3. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I just watched my copy of Bird... last night and all I can say is fuck yes! What an awesome job by BU on this disc. They've really outdone themselves and that says a lot. The transfer is nothing short of amazing. Pristine, clear, great color and little to no grain. I thought I was watching a movie made last year. The audio is also excellent. I watched it with the dts track enabled and it sounded wonderful. Great use of all available channels and Morricone's score sounded perfect. I haven't delved into the supplements yet, but the transfer and sound are alone worth the price of the disc. Highly recommended.

4. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

5. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

After scanning those reviews, I may just have to finally drop some money and blind buy this sucker.