"Boogeymen" DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Peter Vincent, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Has anyone purchased this DVD? It's supposedly a "compilation" of like 16 horror films plus the DVD has massive trailers, games, etc. Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on whether its worth the purchase since the actual feature is only, I believe, 60 minutes long, but supposedly has tons of X-tras! Gimme da goods!

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

hmmmm

i picked this DVD up the other day.. id say its alright, worth the 15 dollar price tag, but its not really something you will go back and watch over and over, its kinda a once you view it, your pretty much done with it kinda feature, but it is cool to see once..so if you dont mind that, by all means go and get it.

Jeff

3. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

IT SUCKS.

I thought the idea might be a cool one if done in the right way, but, no, it sucks. I can't even sell the damn thing now.

4. What R the extra features? Does it have Theatrical trailers for all the movie clips included??? Some???

5. jas1081

jas1081 Guest

I don't have it but I heard the big extra is a Robert Englund commentary. From what I have heard it is pretty good, but like I said I do not have it.

6. Doombear

Doombear Member

It has one trailer for each movie series. I'm glad they included the Guardian trailer - one of my favorites (too bad the movie wasn't as awesome). There's about 16 trailers on the disc.

7. There's clips from all sorts of movies, and a secret clip from Jack Frost 2. To all the movies, there are trailers, and there are trailers for Jurassic Park 3, American Pie 2, and I forgot the other one. There is a trivia game... The commentary is priceless. Robert England is one hell of a horror fan.

8. Doombear

Doombear Member

I was mistaken. There are only a dozen trailers. There are no trailers for Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Scream, Psycho and I Know What You Did Last Summer. I guess they couldn't get the rights. Boo to them!

9. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

Yes, boo to them. I'd rather watch "Terror in the Aisles" with Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen. Where is that anyway?

10. Chad

Chad Member

I finally got around to watching it today...Aside from being a little short, I thought it was pretty good. It had everything: 17 corpses; Sadomasochism; Jar of eyes; Flopping leg; Fingers tumbling; Face peeling; A killer tree; Swarming bees; Vase pitching; Leech attack; A prank phone call; and death by a pogo stick. I watched it with the Flixfacts triva on but haven't seen it with the Robert England audio commentary on yet. The Name That Frame Game wasn't half bad either. It's also got lesser known movies like The Dentist, The Guardian and The Ugly...And if you've been living in a black hole and haven't seen Halloween yet, I would hold off on watching this because it shows the entire ending.

To find the Jack Frost 2 hidden segment (Easter Egg):

At the disc’s main menu go to 'Flixmix Recommendations.' On this screen you see menu entries for trailers like 'American Pie 2', 'The Mummy Returns, and 'Jurassic Park 3'.' If you press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control, a Jack Frost 2 icon appears, and if you hit 'Enter', you will see the hidden feature for 'Jack Frost 2.