Borderland

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

[​IMG]

From IMDB:

"On a trip to a Mexican border town, three college friends stumble upon a human-sacrifice cult."

Official Site (Nothing but a homepage for the time being)

Trailer WARNING!!: a poster commented about this trailer showing pretty much the entire film, so proceed with caution. I'm avoiding most trailers these days, so you wouldn't be the only one to skip it. :p

2. Mr. Cole

Mr. Cole Member

Just saw this last night, along with Deaths of Ian Stone and Unearthed. This was by far the best of the 3 and wow I was caught off guard.

I was expecting to see another "Turistas" but this was intensely realistic, creepy as f*ck, brutal with fantastic, diverse cinematography. Acting was solid too.

It's based on a real-life haitian/african/hispanic voodoo practice called Santiria that does not normally include human sacrifice but it does deal with evil spirits and this film captured that essence perfectly.

Highly recommended. Especially if you hated the tv show "Boy Meets World" haha.

3. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Sounds as if it's a movie based on or inspired by Adolfo de Jesus Constanzo's kitchen hobbies... is it?

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Saw it tonight,brutal but pretty effective.