Box Office Battle: My Bloody Valentine 3-D (2009) Vs. Friday The 13th (2009)

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Oct 25, 2008.

?

vote

1. My Bloody Valentine 3-D (2009)

14.3%
  2. Friday The 13th (2009)

80.4%
  3. neither

5.4%
  1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i know everyone has the right to an opinions, but i'm sorry you're not telling the truth about remakes, some are very good (The THing, Invasion of the Bod Snatchers, and The Fly) some are bad (The Fog) but really just because you see two remakes that are bard doesn't mean that they're all bad.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I happen to like, maybe love, TCM '03. Aside from that, you have had quite a shitty run of remakes which could jade nearly any movie or genre fan. Don't give up, MBV3D is fucking fun, if you can see it in 3-d where you are you should, by far the best 3-d movie I've seen yet. Even the fucking credits look cool!
    The movie itself isn't the best, but it's not a pile of shit like The Fog or Prom Night.
    (Note: I haven't seen PN yet, but the trailers gave me the same vibe as The Fog, which I wish I never saw, so I'll probably never bother. My "pile of shit" movie detectors are usually right on, and they're not goin' off for the next Friday.)

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Agreed. That is like watching two crappy horror movies, and then saying horror movies are terrible. You need to watch Dawn of the Dead, Hills have Eyes, My Bloody Valentine 3-D, The Blob, and The Ring, as well as the ones Vampyr mentioned. They are all pretty good remakes. Although I enjoyed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake as well, so what do I know? But yeah, The Fog was pretty terrible, probably the worst remake out there in my opinion. And Prom Night, from what I've seen, isn't much better.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

some remakes are really fun Like Black Christmas, (soon to be watched) MBV3D, Dawn of the Dead (it rocks too), TCM, and hills have eyes. though some may not be good films at all, they still are loads of fun.

TCM was pretty good, i enjoyed it.
    But don't get me started on Prom Night and The Fog. now those are bad.

5. JamesBond007

JamesBond007 New Member

I'm not saying about the remakes of the 80's. Yes, Both The Thing and The Fly were great remakes, and The Blob was a pretty Good Remake of a 50's film, The remakes I'm referring to that is bad, is today's. The today's remakes of 70's and 80's doesn't need to be remade. If we enjoyed the horror movies of the 70's and 80's, then why do we need remakes? Let's be honest here, Friday The 13th was a great indie film (though was used as a cash in to Halloween, but that's not the point), and we like it as a horror classic. But do we need a hollywood remake of some classic low-budget horror film, filled with well-known people and big budget movie producers instead of unknowns? Not really. What hollywood needs to do, is remake movies that we Don't like at all and correct the original's error of its' ways and turn it into better movies (for example, Weekend At Bernies II, Showgirls, etc.) Hollywood's version of horror movies doesn't work as much the original filmmaker's version, but works as much as a Batman & Robin-type movies (describinary speaking). Yes, Reboots are a good idea, but remake stuff we already liked isn't. I don't have a bad taste for horror movies. I love it, but it hasn't been much the same since the 70's-80's. The only really good movies of 2000's is Bubba Ho-tep and Land Of The Dead.

I Believe In Harvey Dent

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Well like someone on here already mentioned, every Friday sequel has pretty much just been a remake. And the first film was far from perfect. I would say it's the weakest film out of the first 6. I'd rather have them remake the first couple films and get him back into the camp grounds then do a sequel to the awful Jason X where he went to space or Freddy vs. Jason, or even Jason Goes to Hell for that matter where someone else became Jason after eating his heart!? Lets be honest, they killed the franchise when he went to NY, so they pretty much only had two choices, remake it, or end the franchise.

As for complaints about the recent remakes, AGAIN, you haven't seen really any of them so how can you comment whether they are good or not. Seeing The Fog and Prom Night, considered two of the worst remakes does not make your judgment viable. And considering they remade classic films of the 50s in the 80s, then why not remake classic films of the 70 in the 00's? Both are 30 years apart. The films that got remade in the 80s were just as classic as Friday the 13th, probably even more so. I think you are just biasing your views as Friday had such an impact on you, that you hold it near and dear to your heart, but if you are fine with those classics of the 50's being remade, then I don't understand your hate towards classics of the 70s and 80s being remade.

And saying you think a remake of Weekend at Bernies 2 would make more sense isn't really helping prove your point.